Mzuzu University Centre of Excellence (Malawi) offers itself as a site for field testing of innovative techniques for the emptying, transport, and treatment of pit sludge

Page selection:
  • dandreatta
  • I am a mechanical engineer and work for a consulting company. I do projects around water, cookstoves, and sanitation in my spare time.

Re: Reply: Solutions for pit desludging and sludge management in low income urban settlements in Malawi (Mzuzu University) - and policy issues

On January 11 Rochelle Holm posted something about coming to Malawi to test sludge management solutions. I've not seen any further posts about this, and responding to that post took me to only some older posts. In any case, I'm interested and I want to find out more about this. You may reply offline via e-mail if you like:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.<This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

Thanks,

Dale Andreatta, Ph.D., P.E.
Dale Andreatta, Ph.D., P.E.
Mechanical Engineer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • rochelleholm
    Topic Author

Mzuzu University Centre of Excellence (Malawi) offers itself as a site for field testing of innovative techniques for the emptying, transport, and treatment of pit sludge

Mzuzu University Centre of Excellence in Water and Sanitation, located in northern Malawi, would like to extend an invitation as a site for field testing of innovative tools and techniques for the emptying, transport, and treatment of pit sludge to other members on Susana.

The Centre is particularity well suited for self-funded graduate students or experienced researchers looking for a site to perform field testing on local pit latrines over several weeks to months.

The Centre has a sludge pump and pressure washer, auger unit, gulper, as well as locally developed technologies on hand for pit emptying. We have faculty, staff, and students experienced in FSM, and an in-house health and safety plan that guides our work. We are also currently working to build capacity for FS sample analysis in-house in 2016.

Please note the attached overview for more information, and hope you will consider our offer of partnership within FSM projects in 2016.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Rochelle
Rochelle Holm, Ph.D., PMP
Mzuzu (Malawi)

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds