Searching for PhD abroad with Brazilian Government funding

Page selection:
  • FrancisdelosReyes
  • I am a professor and environmental engineer at NC State University, USA. I am interested in wastewater treatment, WASH, microbial ecology.

Re: Searching for PhD abroad with Brazilian Government funding

HI Jose,

Please send me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You can also look at my website:
www.ce.ncsu.edu/faculty/francis-de-los-reyes
Francis de los Reyes III
Professor/TED Fellow

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • JotaCarlos
    Topic Author
  • Mechanical Engineer by Federal University of Sao Joao del Rei, Minas Gerais Brazil

Re: Searching for PhD abroad with Brazilian Government funding

Thanks to those who have sent me emails and/or forwarding my post.

It means a lot ;)

all the best,
José

• JotaCarlos
    Topic Author
  • Mechanical Engineer by Federal University of Sao Joao del Rei, Minas Gerais Brazil

Searching for PhD abroad with Brazilian Government funding

Hello everyone,

my name is Jose Carlos, I am a 26 years old, brazilian, Mechanical Engineer and I have a great interest in Sanitation Engineering. I intend to specialize in water and wastewater treatment/management and related topics. I am looking for a PhD opportunity around the world and would like to ask if someone has advices to help me finding a position.

I am looking for a supervisor, more preferable if the supervisor works with production of biogas through wastewater treatment, but I am opened to discuss other topics. If you know a professor(s) and/or researcher(s) who works in the field and may be interested, please send me his/her email.

I am taking part of the governamental brazilian program 'Science without Borders' selection process, which pays all fees of the university or institute and gives a scholarship for the graduate student. The program can also fund one-year training if it is required for the university.
"The mobility program proposed here aims to launch the seeds of what could revolutionize the R&D system, the Brazilian students and researchers exposed to an environment of high competitiveness and entrepreneurship.
Characteristics Excellence - the best students and researchers will undertake research in the best and most relevant Universities around the World."
More details about the programm under the following link: www.cienciasemfronteiras.gov.br/web/csf-eng

Next deadline is August 22th when I have to submit the proposal, among other documents, to the Ministry of Education, who is in charge of the program, to be evaluate.

I have disponibility to travel anywhere to research and collect date.

Attached you can find my academic CV. I also attended the IELTS english test with 6.5 overall band score. The most graduate department requires 6.0.
I speak portuguese (mother tongue), english, german and a bit of spanish.

I put myself entirely at your disposal at all times to discuss ideas, suggestions or doubts and for any pontential interview and thank you all in advance for any information it can be given.

With kind regards,
Jose Carlos
Contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

P.S. I also have interest in working at sanitation field, if there is some vacancy known...

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: Gabidenadai

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds