Seeking Internship/Volunteer Opportunity

Page selection:
  • mwaniki

Re: Seeking Internship/Volunteer Opportunity

Hi Michael

My name is Mwaniki and am the publisher of Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene magazine.

This is free publication, not for sale and once in a while we get assistance from various organizations to offset our bills as this is a not for profit project now running for 8 years and done almost 50 editions.

I like your courage by coming out with set goals.I would like to see you succeed in your chosen career.We could tighten our belts by cutting costs here and there to help out in one area or another.I think whatever little we will contribute is an investment of time in economic development any place in the world where you will choose to put your knowledge in good use.

And for that reason I wouldn't want to discuss any proposal between ourselves in an open line and I suggest you may contact me personally at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. also have a website www.afriwater.org.

Welcome

Kind regards / Steven
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • mbell1451
    Topic Author

Seeking Internship/Volunteer Opportunity

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Michael Bell. In October of 2014 I will be attending UNESCO-IHE in Delft, Netherlands for a Master's in Urban Water and Sanitation: Sanitary Engineering. Before attending graduate school I wish to gain hands on experience in my intended career field by volunteering my services.

I received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Water and Sanitation Engineering from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA, USA. While studying at Old Dominion University, I took several courses in water resources ranging from the design of water distribution, collection and treatment systems to the chemical processes utilized in water and wastewater treatment.

Recently, I worked an internship with the Organization of American States (OAS) in the Department of Sustainable Development. At OAS, I performed research for the Integrated Water Resources Management, Disasters Risk Management and Adaptation to Climate Change departments.

In the past, I worked for Consultora Demison in Argentina performing field work that consisted of collecting samples of groundwater, air quality, soil (measured at levels of 1m, 2m, and 5m), tests of noise pollution, and creating detailed weather reports.
I speak English and Spanish, have substantial experience with Microsoft Suite, reconstructing/ rebuilding houses, and work extremely well in groups. I am not asking to get paid much; just a basic stipend for housing and food would suffice. However, above all I wish to contribute to those who are less fortunate. Anyone who is interested in having valuable volunteer assistance, whether it be a foundation, organization, NGO, or individual, then please feel free contact me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Michael Bell
The following user(s) like this post: Eriona

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds