New mobile sustainable sanitation system (human8ture), Cambodia - Update on our biogas digester and UDDT work

Page selection:
  • MichaelCarr
    Topic Author
  • From Liverpool, UK. Background in military, engineering, education & sales. Published author. Write novels, illustrated children's books, film, TV script. Interest in eco living, have a created a four-part off-the-grid living system and a UDDT.

Re: New mobile sustainable sanitation system (human8ture) - Cambodia

Here's an update about our work in Cambodia:

After consultation with NBP in Cambodia we are currently working on a modular version of their bricks and mortar Bio Gas Digester - (BGD) - Ours is fabricated in the workshop and built on site in a fraction of the time it takes to build a brick built BGD and has many other advantages, such as easy transport and storage - especially the 'last mile'.

We are currently fabricating a full size prototype (4cube) in the factory and searching for a site with a couple of bullocks not far from Phnom Penh to road test it. It has already sparked a lot of interest and we have a group of potential investors coming out from Germany to Phnom Penh in two weeks and I will be making a presentation for that.

The potential customer base is huge and there is big demand from farmers with bullocks to convert the cow waste into a soil enricher, plus the advantage of clean methane gas for cooked, opposed to burning firewood. We are not releasing sketches of our BGD as yet due to IP and (c) concerns - but should be able to do so soon.

As far as my UDDT is concerned, we now have professional autoCAD sketches of that prepared for tooling up and production, we also have a 3D model built to show investors - there have been several modifications made to my earlier version and we believe we have finally made the "go to market" model for production - including a utility sink that comes with it to encourage hygiene.

We are currently seeking investors for that and can be ready with 100 units for field trials 2 months from signing of agreement, including making of molds. All parts have been designed to be mass produced in a rotor molder and we can produce in very large scale given enough notification to make molds and set the factory up.

Any interested parties can contact me through my website eco1solutions.com or through this forum.

thank you for your interest
Mike

--

Mike
Consultant
Eco Solutions & Creative Eco Designs
eco1solutions.com/
A HAND FOR HUMANITY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • MichaelCarr
    Topic Author
  • From Liverpool, UK. Background in military, engineering, education & sales. Published author. Write novels, illustrated children's books, film, TV script. Interest in eco living, have a created a four-part off-the-grid living system and a UDDT.

Re: New mobile sustainable sanitation system (human8ture), Cambodia - Update on our biogas digester and UDDT work

Dear all at SuSaNa
Along with Elephant Design www.elephantdesign.com I have just finished the business plan for my new human8ture ® no flush, sustainable sanitation system & dedicated composter. It has grown organically over the last year. (both)
The BP was completed under a government grant from SPRING Singapore. We are now evangelising the system through our Letter of Introduction in a bid to garner further support, that would help, to enable more government grants for R&D. See attached for LOI.
I have recently changed the website from kabook-i.com to eco1solutions.com and have had a revamp – still more to do and I am waiting for professional drawings of my system on google sketchup.
You can find a more comprehensive introduction to human8ture at my website, click ‘home’ then ‘human8ture’ and scroll down to the link.
Any feedback always valued & appreciated
Very best regards
Michael

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• MichaelCarr
    Topic Author

Re: kabook-i

Hi Richard: I think it's different horses for different courses. What works in Asia may not work in Africa for a myriad of cultural / social reasons. I believe that the most popular form of toilet in Africa is the Arbor loo - a simple hole in the ground that's refilled with soil and a tree planted on top. Selling my system against that would be a hard sell. I have just had an inquiry though from Africa to build a 'dry' public toilet. This is to alleviate the problem of open defecation next to the open food market - obvious consequences. I've sent off a preliminary proposal, using a totally different approach, then see how. My holistic system, and it's really not a new invention or something, is aimed more at individual households, tapping into personal responsibility to make it work, and showing how to re-use human waste(s) as a vital product they can grow crops in. Education and involvement is an important factor behind getting the system accepted in the long term. Please link me up if you hear of any projects globally - I would welcome an opportunity for us to work together.
my personal take on septic tanks & pit latrines? Why create a toxic sludge problem in the first place then have to deal with it? Way better to go UDDT - ecosan - then have two separate products - humanure & NPK - or a mix of both - which you can easily compost and utilise - or am I missing something?
Best regards
Mike
PS: please feel free to leave a comment on my site.

• richard higgins

Re: kabook-i

Hi Mike,
> Glad to meet you.
> I think your new platform could be very beneficial for us and the
> Howard-Higgins system. My experience is that the rural poor (Africa) can't afford
> the septic tank system and end up with overflowing pits in the ground that were put in in the past and now the cost of fuel has gone up they can't afford to have them emptied or they simply fill up enormous pit latrines that pollute ground water and producew no fertilizer - thus they are in a more difficult situation
> than they were in the first place.
>
Richard Higgins
Co chair working group 5 (sanitation to agriculture)

• MichaelCarr
    Topic Author

kabook-i

Hi: I have a fledgling consultancy company called The House of Kabook-i:
kabook-i(R)is an holistic, self-sustainable system that involves building solid homes from bamboo and earth materials, sustainable sanitation, water management, composting humanure and raised bed gardening. It is primarily aimed at developing countries & disaster areas, but has great potential for eco-villages and economical off-the-grid lifestyles.
Please visit the site and feel free to pass comment. I am actively looking for projects; if any members have a potential link-up please let me know.

best regards
Mike
The House of Kabook-i Pte Ltd
kabook-i.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds