Eautarcie

Page selection:
  • joeturner

Re: Eautarcie

It is an interesting website, but hard to penetrate and low on studies which prove the points made. I'd be interested, for example, to see where anyone has shown that urine is necessary for the breakdown of plant cellulose.

As far as I can see, there is a choice between maximising fertiliser potential of excreta and sanitising it. If you remove the urine, which contains most of the nutrients anyway, I can't see that the feces adds a lot other than organic matter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • cecile
  • Water and Sanitation Sector Leader for SNV in Burkina Faso

Re: Reply: Eco-san in Ethiopia (- Arba Minch)

Dear Janos,

The website of Eautarcie harshly criticises UDDTs and separation and has dogmatic views on sustainable sanitation.
SuSanA is a constructive network which is open to all sustainable technologies. Eautarcie is full of unfounded critics on any other system that is different from the one you promote.
Therefore I find it very bold that you write a message in this forum when Eautarcie claims the 3 misconceptions about dry toilets are separation, urine storage and feces composting.
Regards,

Cecile
Cécile Laborderie
MAKATI Environnement
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• bajanos
  • Topic Author

Eautarcie

(note by moderator (EvM): this post is border-line with plain advertising. I do not see any particular connection to Ethiopia from the website you linked to. Also please do introduce yourself)
++++++++++++++++

Dear Eline, Did I get it right that you are looking for people/organisations in Ethiopia? If you are looking for ecosan systems that you can introduce in Ethiopia I would recommend a very simple and environmental friendly solution. For the details please visit the following web page: www.eautarcie.org where the author describes the 3rd generation dry toilets (non-UDDT). In case of any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, János

--
I am an INDEPENDENT individual not serving anybody's interest. My favourite pasttime is stirring up shit :-).

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds