Book on Ecological Sanitation from 2004

Page selection:
  • mwaniki
    Topic Author

Re: Book on Ecological Sanitation from 2004

Hi Chris

I had counted the moderators of the forum to come up with a response like yours but my anticipation didn’t go into that direction. Instead, for some reason I got directed to a link for the book that was already in our possession. May be it was a lapse of some kind but that was a complete surprise to me.

Thanks Chris. You have been very helpful. By the way, we couldn’t find space for the second part of the Minimalist Urine-diverting Dry Toilet as the production costs for the hard copy went stratospheric. We will make good in this oncoming edition, hopefully.

Kind regards / Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • canaday
  • A biologist working toward sustainability

Re: Book on Ecological Sanitation from 2004

Hi Mwaniki,

These two books are both very valuable, and relevant to each other, but are institutionally independant. Ecological Sanitation focusses on Urine-diverting Dry Toilets (UDDTs), which only occupy certain pages in the Compendium, as it covers all the various sanitation options.

It would be excellent to reprint sections of both of these books in African Water Sanitation and Hygiene Magazine. (I presume Eawag also permits reprinting sections of the Compendium with appropriate citation and credit.)

Would you like suggestions of sections to reprint?

Best wishes,
Chris
Conservation Biologist and EcoSan Promoter
Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
Puyo, Pastaza, Ecuador, South America
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

• mwaniki
    Topic Author

Book on Ecological Sanitation from 2004

Hi

Looking for a particular book the other day in our library of sorts I accidentally came across this 2004 edition of 'Ecological Sanitation' which had been commissioned by Sida in the late 90's and published by Stockholm Environment Institute.Its been co-authored by many over the years but the 2004 version has been edited and co-authored by Uno Winblad and Mayling Simpson-Hebert.

See here:
susana.org/lang-en/library?view=ccbktypeitem&type=2&id=487

The 141 page book (ISBN 91 88714 985)is permissioned to freely revised,abstracted,reproduced in part or whole provided one acknowledges the source of material and is not used for commercial purposes.

Has this book got any relevance to the new 'Compendium of Sanitation' which has recently been released by the forum? The purpose and style of the former looks identical to the description of the latter so the query.

Kind regards / Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds