Magazine: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014: July - August 2014 now released
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
This category offers a platform to promote your organisation's activities.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Magazine: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014: July - August 2014 now released

Magazine: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene in 2014: July - August 2014 now released 12 Feb 2014 19:47 #7360

• mwaniki
  • CONTACT
Welcome to the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene this is the Jan -Feb 2014 Vol. 9 No.1

You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/publications

Comments are welcome.

Kind regards

Steven Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.
The following user(s) like this post: MUTULA

The Shitty State of Human Sanitation 09 Mar 2014 08:14 #7691

• mwaniki
  • CONTACT
Hi Chris Canaday

I hope all is well in Ecuador.

Could you please solicit permission to publish that interview (part 1) you had with the Chekhovs Kalashnikov entitled 'The Shitty State of Human Sanitation' to appear in the oncoming edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene?

Kind regards

S. Mwaniki
Am the publisher of the Africa Water,Sanitation & Hygiene and the C.E.O. of Transworld Publishers Ltd.,Nairobi-Kenya.
Last Edit: 09 Mar 2014 08:15 by mwaniki.

Re: The Shitty State of Human Sanitation 09 Mar 2014 11:27 #7693

• canaday
  • CONTACT
  • A biologist working toward sustainability
Featured User
May 2014
Dear Mwaniki,

Thank you for your interest in our interview.
www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/water-sanitation/

I, as author, give you full permission to reprint it and I am certain that the owner of the website is also in full agreement, as long as you include the link and keep the interview intact ... and, if you only have room for part, make it clear that it is an excerpt. I have, nonetheless, written to the owner of the website and will let you know what he says.

If your readers would be offended by the word "shit", feel free to change this to "sh*t" or "feces".

You may like to keep the numerous links in a different color, so that the reader knows that there is further information available via the original post on the internet.

Feel free to also reprint Part 2 of the interview, whenever you like.
www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/human-waste-disposal/

If I can be of any help or if you would like to do a new interview, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
Conservation Biologist and EcoSan Promoter
Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
Puyo, Pastaza, Ecuador, South America
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Re: The Shitty State of Human Sanitation 10 Mar 2014 11:43 #7718

• canaday
  • CONTACT
Featured User
May 2014
Dear Steven,

As I expected, the owner of the website said, "Of course, that's okay. The more people who see your work the better. If they can put {originally published on the Chekhov's Kalashnikov Website (www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/water-sanitation/)}, that would give me a few more readers as well ".

So please reprint this interview with no worries.

For those who have yet to see this interview, the first part exposes the ridiculousness of water-based toilets that mostly dump into rivers and bays, while the second part explains about UDDTs as a logical and sustainable solution for this problem.

If any questions arise from your readers, I would be glad to answer them.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Re: The Shitty State of Human Sanitation 10 Mar 2014 14:22 #7720

• mwaniki
  • CONTACT
Hi Chris

That was very kind of you to go all that length to get us have the permission.
We will adhere to those conditions and hope that www.chekhovskalashnikov.com will link our publication for their audience.

I would take this opportunity to kindly let the SuSanA community know that our webmaster is experimenting on the online magazine at www.afriwater.org/publications.

Please create time and visit the site.

Kind regards

Mwaniki
Last Edit: 10 Mar 2014 14:26 by mwaniki.

Re: The Shitty State of Human Sanitation 11 Mar 2014 04:14 #7734

• canaday
  • CONTACT
Featured User
May 2014
Dear Steven,

It is a pleasure to be of service ... and we are glad you like our interview.

I saw your excellent recent issue on Issuu:
issuu.com/afriwater.org/docs/africa_wate...nitation___hygiene_e
It seems to be working very well. A couple of pages did not load, but I suspect the slow Ecuadorian internet. (By the way, the clay pots for purifying water seem very practical; it would be good to include more info on this and a link to detailed instructions.)

It is much better for me to see this online, as opposed to having to do big downloads.

Have you seen my recent blog post about a UDDT that costs no money to build?
inodoroseco.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-free-...ist-uddt-part-1.html
Do you think that this could be acceptable for poor people who currently have no toilet?

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene March - April 2014 Vol.9 No.2 19 Mar 2014 20:51 #7898

• mwaniki
  • CONTACT
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the latest edition of the Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene this is the March - April 2014 Vol.9 No.2.

You may view this edition via this link afriwater.org/publication/publications

Comments are welcome.

Kind regards

Steven Mwaniki

Re: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene March - April 2014 Vol.9 No.2 21 Mar 2014 14:42 #7927

• canaday
  • CONTACT
Featured User
May 2014
Dear Steven,

Thank you for reprinting my interview about the downfalls of water-based toilets and my blog post of the design of a zero-monetary-investment UDDT. The only problem is that the link is not correct for the first, it does not say that this is an excerpt, and there is no link for the second.

The virtual version of your magazine, afriwater.org/publication/virtual-magazine, give the following link
www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/tag/water-sanitation/
whereas the correct link is

The missing link for the blog post is

I suggest reprinting the rest and the second parts of both of these texts in future issues of Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene ... including, please, the correct links.

I hope your readers find this interesting and I would be happy to answer any questions they may have. I would also like to know of the persons who apply the Minimalist UDDT design.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Re: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene March - April 2014 Vol.9 No.2 23 Mar 2014 21:43 #7935

• mwaniki
  • CONTACT
Hi Chris

Thanks for pointing out that anomaly about the link. We sincerely apologize for the oversight and the amendment will be effected in the online version in due course. I’ll also request the editor to mention the term ‘excerpt’ at the end of the text.

I'll personally supervise the second parts for the links to be inserted correctly if the editor decides to use them in the oncoming edition.

And we all wish to congratulate Eng.Mughal for being the best user of the forum.Keep it up.

Kind regards / Mwaniki

Re: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene March - April 2014 Vol.9 No.2 24 Mar 2014 15:56 #7955

• canaday
  • CONTACT
Featured User
May 2014
Dear Mwaniki,

Great. I hope you find room in future issues of Africa Water Sanitation & Hygiene to reprint the remainders (and second parts) of these two texts on UDDTs and the downfalls of flush toilets.

inodoroseco.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-free-...ist-uddt-part-2.html
www.chekhovskalashnikov.com/human-waste-disposal/

I look forward to receiving any feedback your readers may have.
Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Re: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene March - April 2014 Vol.9 No.2 26 Mar 2014 06:13 #7969

• F H Mughal
  • CONTACT
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer
Featured User
Mar 2014
Dear Mwaniki,

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate.

Your magazine is interesting and informative. I like it. I wonder whether there is a similar magazine for Asia.

Thanks and good luck,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

Re: Africa Water, Sanitation & Hygiene March - April 2014 Vol.9 No.2 26 Mar 2014 19:19 #7986

• mwaniki
  • CONTACT
Hi Eng.Mughal

You just amaze me.Mine was a just one sentence congratulating your achievement and I didn't expect you take note as it was hidden in a haystack.How do you do it across the board? To vote you as the best avid user of the forum was no fluke.Congrats once more.

Well in India alone "India Water Magazine" has just been launched but "EverythingAboutWater" has now to change its slogan as 'the only water magazine' in India.

Well there must be more other titles Such as "Asia Water" and "Water and Wastewater Asia" etc.

I know you will be energized to learn about this but we enjoy and learn from your contributions.Please give us some more readings !!

Kind regards / Mwaniki
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds