relation between bad odor and poor sanitation in urban chanels, comments and remedation?

13.5k views

Page selection:
  • CeciliaRodrigues

Re: relation between bad odor and poor sanitation in urban chanels, comments and remedation?

Dear Mohammad,

I am not sure about what kind of urban water channels you are referring to, but I think that in the cases of rainwater channels, the bad odours is mostly related to illegal sewer connection and illegal faecal sludge discharge. I have noticed that in rainy days the odours get worse and I assume it is due to an increase of such practices.

Best regards,
Cecília.
Programme Officer at GIZ - Sustainable Sanitation Programme
and the SuSanA Secretariat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: relation between bad odor and poor sanitation in urban chanels, comments and remedation?

Often anaerobic bacterial production of H2S (Hydrogen sulfide) is a problem, which both smells strongly and can damange concrete over longer periods of time.

There is a few options one can do against it (just google), but there isn't really a "magical" solution to get rid of it cheaply.

Edit: Not sure what type of traditional waste-waster system you are referring to, but obviously this is more or a problem in closed sewer-pipes.
The following user(s) like this post: fppirco

• fppirco
    Topic Author
  • I am independent EH&S researcher in natural resources recovery ,water,wastewater,agro_food ...fields.

relation between bad odor and poor sanitation in urban chanels, comments and remedation?

To all colleagues

I look for comments for bad odor from urban water channels in large city with traditional collection waste water, I welcome for any practical remediation Such as decentralized (in-site) waste water treatment

I know many parameters such as weather, climate status and waste water quality involved in any remediation actions.

I thanks in advance.

Mohammad Mojtabei
www.fpp.ir
Telfax:00985117629569
P.O Box:91865-358
Mashhad,Iran
Researcher and consultant

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds