Toolkit, guideline and excel model for a standardised approach to cost-benefit analysis

Page selection:
  • tmsinnovation
  • I manage the Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project) and previously coordinated the Climate-friendly sanitation services in peri-urban areas of Lusaka project in Zambia. My background is in Management, Economics and Information Systems.

Re: Toolkit, guideline and excel model for a standardised approach to cost-benefit analysis

Hi Guy,
has further progress been made? Is a draft tool kit available yet?
Looking forward to an update.
Regards Trevor
Trevor Surridge
Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project)
Project Manager

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Shmeisani,
Amman
Jordan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Hutton

Re: Toolkit, guideline and excel model for a standardised approach to cost-benefit analysis

Thanks for this Elisabeth - a brief update from July - the Concept Note of the CBA Toolkit has now been reviewed by a number of partner organisations and will seek internal clearance within the World Bank. There will be an expert/partner meeting, probably in January in Nairobi, when a first complete draft of the toolkit will be tabled. The toolkit will be adaptable/flexible so that different types of analysis can be conducted based on the user's needs. Guy

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Toolkit, guideline and excel model for a standardised approach to cost-benefit analysis

Dear all,
There was an important e-mail which Guy Hutton had sent to the mailing list of WG 2 on 9 July 2012.
So I copy it here.

+++++++++++++++

Dear Jonathan, all WG members,

[...] I wanted to inform you that the WSP is developing a toolkit, guideline and excel model for a standardised approach to cost-benefit analysis of sanitation programmes and technologies. The WSP regions involved are Africa and Southeast Asia (EAP) where the toolkit will be tested and later made available for partners to apply, although it will be a tool for application in other regions too. Once the concept note is developed and the Table of Contents of the toolkit agreed internally, we can share these with the working group.

We will be inviting experts to be part of the toolkit development in a peer reviewer capacity, as well as organisations being invited to offer to test the toolkit in countries, and later scale up. Please let me know if you would like to be considered for selection in either of these roles.

All the best

Guy

++++++++++++++++++

Would be good to know how far they got now since then.
Actually I know that in September, some questions were sent out to reviewers of a draft of this tool kit. These questions included:

As well as general comments, we are interested in your views on:
• To what extent do you think partners, countries and other stakeholders will make use of the results of a generalized (not field-site specific) approach to CBA of sanitation?
• To what extent the quantitative cost-benefit results generated through the generalized model are sufficient for use by governments to advocate for a higher priority to be placed on sanitation? for targeted investments in sanitation?
• Do you think partners and other stakeholders will use the toolkit ? Is the approach of coming up with a tool kit for a number of partners to use useful? Would it better to just carry out the study in a limited number of countries?
• Is the Tool kit robust enough to provide the data needed? Looking at the table of contents for the toolkit - what's missing or is there anything we can take out?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds