looking for a college offering online/distant learning masters in water sanitation and environment

10.2k views

Page selection:
  • MRonteltap
  • Lecturer Sanitary Engineering teaching in SuSan at UNESCO-IHE

Re: looking for a collage offering onlime/distant learning masters in water sanitation and environment

...and for any female colleagues there is the following possibility (I copy paste here an email from my colleague Stephanie Petitjean who is in charge of the online course administration):

Dear all,

I am happy to inform you that the Roth Family Foundation offers 10 fellowships for the 2013 UNESCO-IHE online courses to West-African women.
Please note that the deadline to apply for this fellowship is Sunday 10 February 2013 (23:59 GMT+1).

If you know someone who meets the following requirements, please do not hesitate to forward this email.

FELLOWSHIP ELIGIBILITY
You can apply for a Roth Family Foundation fellowship if you fit the following criteria:
You are a female;
You are a national of and living in one of the following West African countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone or Togo;
You will send an elaborate motivation letter by email;
You are willing to fill out a short survey if awarded a fellowship.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE: APPLY NOW FOR AN ONLINE COURSE!
Please note that all 2013 online courses are eligible for a Roth Family Foundation fellowship.
The deadline to apply for a fellowship is Sunday 10 February 2013 23:59 GMT+1.
Go to our online course page and click on the online course of your interest. On the course specific website, you will find the online application form: 'Click here to apply for this course'.
On the form, one of the questions is: 'Why do you wish to follow this course?' To indicate you wish to apply for a Roth Family Foundation fellowship, please start your text with the word ROTH.
Send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. stating your name, the course you applied for and mention your wish to apply for a Roth Family Foundation fellowship. We request you to attach to the email an elaborate motivation letter (400 words max.) indicating how the grant will make a difference in your community, neighborhood or population. Furthermore, please go into detail about your reasons to participate in this specific online course.

After we have assessed your application and motivation letter, we will inform you about the outcome as soon as possible.

For more information, I kindly refer you to our website.

Kind regards,
Stephanie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • MRonteltap
  • Lecturer Sanitary Engineering teaching in SuSan at UNESCO-IHE

Re: looking for a collage offering onlime/distant learning masters in water sanitation and environment

Dear Omulama, Detlef,

It does not happen often that someone recommends UNESCO-IHE as the cheaper option.. thanks for that! We still offer the online course in Ecosan, however due to increased costs the price is now 600. Once you have done one course, you get a reduction for the next ones.

What could also be interesting for you is that we are working on offering an online MSc study (following any suitable BSc degree) in Sanitary Engineering. As all our courses are credited, you will be able to use the credits that you gain now for any Sanitary Engineering MSc pursuit you make take up in the future. The credits stay valid for 5 years.

The next online ecosan starts in March, and you can still sign up for that. If you wish to apply for a scholarship (the Dutch government offers a limited number) you should apply now for joining the next course. You can contact my colleague Stephanie Petitjean under the email address onlinecourse[ad]unesco-ihe.org, or check the procedures on our website.

Good luck in your endeavours!
Best regards,
Mariska.
The following user(s) like this post: Doreen

• MaximF

Re: looking for a college offering onlime/distant learning masters in water sanitation and environment

Hi,

I would recommend the WEDC programs, either the Water and Environmental Management, or Water and Waste Engineering MSc programs, both offered on site at WEDC or by distance learning.

wedc.lboro.ac.uk/learn/learn.html

Maxim

• AquaVerde
  • "simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity

Dear Colleague,

Maybe WEDC,UK is a good option for you too: wedc.lboro.ac.uk/learn/learn300.html,
if too expensive maybe UNESCO-IHE in NL is an alternative.
As an MSc. I made in the past at UNESCO-IHE an on-line-course "ecosan" for 500EUR I guess, with MS Elisabeth v. Muench as the course Head Teacher. I am still gaining on this good experiences and text books...
www.unesco-ihe.org/Education/Non-degree-...cological-Sanitation

Good Luck

Detlef SCHWAGER
www.aqua-verde.de
"simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity
Low-Tech Solutions with High-Tech Effects
"Inspired by Circular Economy and Cooperation"
www.flickr.com/photos/aqua-verde/

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Omulama,
We have had similar queries in the past, please check here in the forum under Working Group 1 for capacity building:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/54-wg-1-cap-development
You will find several threads that deal with this topic.
Good luck,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• omulama
    Topic Author
  • Director water resources & environment. County Goverment of Homabay

looking for a college offering online/distant learning masters in water sanitation and environment

Dear Sir/Madam

I am looking for a university college that can offer master online/distant learning in water sanitation and environment.
I am a Kenyan on a permanent job working as a diocesan water sanitation and environment program coordinator with Catholic diocese of Bungoma. Stationed in watern parts of Kenya,Bungoma county. I am a graduate holder of a Bsc geology major degree form the university of Nairobi. Given the nature of my job I am not able to do a full time training course. It is on this basis that I am looking for a college that can assist me do a masters course in water sanitation and environment while full time working.
Your assistance will be hilly appreciated.
With best regards I remain
omulama
Martin Omulama Mbati

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds