Video presentations of a sanitation seminar in Brazil

Page selection:
  • CeciliaRodrigues

Re: Video presentations of a sanitation seminar in Brazil

Thank you Christoph for the videos. It's good to know that the Brazilian sanitation community is getting bigger at SuSanA!

I was at the last World Urban Forum in Naples and I had the chance to see a short presentation about the PLANSAB (National Sanitation Plan). The plan was available in internet for public consultation. I didn't participate but I found interesting the initiative. But as far as I could notice from the presentation, ecological sanitation is still far from our planning reality.

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the Ecosanlac (I am currently based in Germany, doing an internship at GIZ - SuSanA Secretariat), but I am looking forward to see the results of it!

Hope we can stay in contact!

Greetings from Frankfurt,
Cecília.
Programme Officer at GIZ - Sustainable Sanitation Programme
and the SuSanA Secretariat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • guilherme

Re: Video presentations of a sanitation seminar in Brazil

Parabéns Christopher, que venham muitos outros 10 anos de muito trabalho e sucesso!

Um abraço,

Guilherme

(Google translate inserted by the moderator (Trevor) for those forum users who do not speak Portuguese "Congratulations Christopher, wishing you another 10 years of hard work and success!")
--
Guilherme Castagna
Fluxus Design Ecológico
Pedra Bela/SP - Brazil

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.fluxus.eco.br

• christoph
    Topic Author
  • Sanitary engineer with base in Brazil and Peru, doing consultancy in other countries of LA

Video presentations of a sanitation seminar in Brazil

Dear all,
we recently had our 10th anniversary as a sanitation company in Brazil and did therefore a seminar about sanitation. We filmed the presentations and put them in You tube. I would like to point to some of the presentations (which are all in Portuguese) which might be interesting for SUSANA aspects as well:.
• Presentation by Klaus Neder about the experiences in wastewater treatment in 20 years of the company CAESB (company of the capital Brasilia)
there is an interesting discussion about the different treatment possibilities (from activated sludge treatment to lagoons) from minute 13 on, showing clear figures concerning area, energy and overall costs, in the end giving clear examples of installed treatment combinations.
• Presentation about the experiences of greywater reuse in buildings in Brazil by Prof Ricardo Francis, very impressive practical examples of large office buildings with greywater reuse.

• Presentation by myself about adaptations we did for technology in sanitation in Brazil
presentation starts in minute 5:50 and talks about baffled reactors, UASB, wetlands 14:06, and in the end about the french system (wetland) used for reuse 23:40 and about UDDT 25:10.
• Presentation of Prof. Pablo Sezerino about wetlands, comparing different approaches of dimensioning wetlands.

Yours
Christoph
The following user(s) like this post: guilherme, tmsinnovation, JotaCarlos

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds