Request for plastics expert for UDDT

Page selection:
  • DaveBates

Re: Request for plastics expert for UDDT

Another issue with this is with these family labor contribution is mostly if not all, not needed, and this eliminates an opportunity for them to be invested in the toilet. With brick, block, etc vaults and/or superstructures, the family will sometimes provide the labor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • DaveBates

Re: Request for plastics expert for UDDT

There was a manufacturer in a Mexico program I worked with who used fiberglass to produce the entire UDT almost (maybe with exception of the basin/seat)....I suggest caution with using plastic for the super-structures, if it acts anything like FG....the FG ones this guy did for some reason were very hot and most community members rejected them. There was one advantage to this toilet design, it was a single vault design with a removable bin, that was pulled out when partially full, and treatment could continued outside the toilet because there was a second empty FG bin waiting to put in the vault. This made removal of the solids very easy....but for different reasons, some unknown, this toilet mostly was not successful. By design, the vault was not sealed...there was a lot of air circulation around the open-top removable bin. If I remember right, the community members would clean the floors with water and it would get into the bin. I think rainwater may have found its way in also.

• MichaelCarr
    Topic Author
  • From Liverpool, UK. Background in military, engineering, education & sales. Published author. Write novels, illustrated children's books, film, TV script. Interest in eco living, have a created a four-part off-the-grid living system and a UDDT.

Request for plastics expert for UDDT

Hi members> Do we have a plastics expert / manufacturer on board with knowledge on Acrylic vacuum thermo-forming and / or HDPE plastic for mass manufacture of UDDT's ?

I want to find out about best solution for manufacturing different parts of my UDDT and pricing guideline. Also tooling costs for thermo-forming & HDPE and potential outputs for mass production.

thank you
Mike

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds