A new concept to clean recycle and reuse water for shower, hand-sink and klitchen-sink usage for common households.

Page selection:
  • boerjebrandt
    Topic Author

Re: A new concept to clean recycle and reuse water for shower, hand-sink and klitchen-sink usage for common households.

Hi Christian,

I have added three presentations with some images.

If you want to know more, I'll send you more pdf to your personal email.

Best regards

Börje

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • christian.rieck

Re: A new concept to clean recycle and reuse water for shower, hand-sink and klitchen-sink usage for common households.

Dear Boerje,
Would it be ok for u to share the PDFs in this forum? You can easily attach it in your reply or if not just send it to me. I am looking forward to learn more about ur approach.
Cheers Christian
GIZ Uganda
Enhanced Water Security and Sanitation (ENWASS)
Sanitation for Millions
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• boerjebrandt
    Topic Author

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your comment.

If you send me your email add I will send you two pdf presentations about the concept.

Short; the concept is scalable so people with low income will be able to use the system in a low cost solution using for example hand pumps. And people living in western countries and semi-developing countries with higher demand on water quality and regulations will also be able to use the system, but with electric water pumps and for example more added filters and membranes. The concept will use a vertical growing wall, sand and gravel filters among other solutions. You will see that in the pdf presentations. Not in detail though, it will be protected by pattern and design protection.

I have now 20 organizations in eight countries of which 12 now have said yes and are going to search for funding to construct the first prototype with trials. These organizations are situated in Bangladesh, India and Pakistan in the Asian region and Ghana, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania and Uganda in Africa. More to come due I'm working on a wider front. And there is five international organizations who is interested to set up trials the day I have got my funding and constructed the first prototype.

But I haven't got any funding yet, that's what I'm dealing with right now. I have three groups that I have sent my business plan (that is in English) to, so its hard work.If you have ideas of investors or other financing solutions please let me know.

Due its not only development countries who are suffering of water scarcity, I'm convinced that I will get the funding, but its more like when. 40-50 million US citizens will face water scarcity 2025. 60% of China's groundwater is polluted. 20 million households in UK have water restrictions. Just a few examples of problems for western and other rich countries to deal with regarding water scarcity.

Send me your email add and I send you back info.

Very best regards from Sweden

Börje Brandt
Regulus teknikutveckling
Storgatan 6J
SE-93431 Kåge
Sweden
Phone: +46 910 53485 or +46 70 3607580
Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• christian.rieck

Dear Börje,
I appreciate your concept and would to see it in action. It seems like a comprehensive recycling system for greywater in households and an interesting approach for financing. Do you have a grafic on the technical and financial aspects of your proposal? Did you find any responisive partners so far?

Please have a look at this case study from Nothern Africa on greywater treatment in sandfilters. It is not a very sophisticated system, but simple to construct and operate which can be of big advantage in communities with low levels of automatisation. The case study is found here www.susana.org/lang-en/case-studies?view...eitem&type=2&id=1442.

Cheers
christian
GIZ Uganda
Enhanced Water Security and Sanitation (ENWASS)
Sanitation for Millions
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• boerjebrandt
    Topic Author

A new concept to clean recycle and reuse water for shower, hand-sink and klitchen-sink usage for common households.

Dear Madame or Sir,

My name is Börje Brandt, and I’m situated in the Northern part of Sweden where we have a lot of water. With that as a background of my living-environment, I have developed a concept to decrease the water usage with up to 3.500 % calculated on the average Swedish usage of 175-200 liters of water per day and per person. The use of water (loss of water) can be as low as 2.5 – 3.5 liters of water per person and day. The loss of water can be used to irrigate the household crops and vegetables.

This concept will clean recycle and reuse water for showering, washing hands and do the dishes. These activities of normal behaviors keep human beings in good health and shape. BUT, in regions, countries and continents that have been stricken with severe water scarcity these normal activities cannot be managed.

For people living in developing countries, who need to conduct walkabouts every day and often several times per day to collect water, this system or concept will enable the people and families so they have to refill their water supplies just once a week.

In that way, the woman of the household (who often is the one collecting water) can participate in other productive economic activities and the children can participate in educational activities. People living in informal settlements (slums and shantytowns) often have to pay 5-10 times more for every liter of water than wealthy people living in the same city.

This system will improve sanitation, improve health and provide a better life for people living in regions with water shortages and severe water scarcity.

The concept can also be connected to an irrigating system with greenhouse tents so the water can be recycled and reused to irrigate crops.

To finance the water cleaning & recycling system for developing countries the idea is to use micro-credit loans and also to investigate the “Green Fund” that is set to open 2015.

Why clean and reuse water for shower, hand-sink and kitchen-sink use?

The climate change consequences will among others raise the average temperature and as for an example the toxic blue-green algae will grow. The rising temperatures will also favor bacteria and parasites that can make water transportation systems toxic, and in the end also poison the humans. More rainy weather with increased water flows that can create problems for storm drain water systems, and flooding will damage potable and clean water transportation piping systems into the common households. Flooding also makes a toxic tribute to nature due the spread of toxic waste from industries, and that also in the end leaks down to the ground-water systems and gets back to us while using old pumping systems or need to drill for new water wells.

Conclusion: We need to better protect and minimize the use of clean potable water. For areas that we don’t need to use potable water we need to use recycled water instead, so in that way we can use much smaller amounts of fresh and potable water and utilize it just for drinking purpose.

With this water cleaning & recycling system there would be:

• Decreased stress on the groundwater resources.
• Decreased stress due conflicts between countries and also domestic conflicts of water ownerships between farmers, industry and the public usage.
• Decreased stress on the environment due less transportations with water trucks.
• Deceased stress on the very often very bad sanitation piping systems.
• No need have buried sanitation pipelines if you will use topsoil toilette solutions.
• Decreased stress on the environment due we will promote the use of natural/organic and bio-degradable products for hygiene, cleaning and detergents usage.
• Will handle bacteria and parasites due a solar heating solution, and also a 100 % bio-degradable solution that kills bacteria and parasites.
• Can be a two way solution that will clean up and recycle water for irrigating purpose, with the use of greenhouse tents.
• A better awareness from the public, to understand that a better water efficient solution to clean and recycle water will be for the best of all people.

In this concept (to construct a prototype) I have a Professor in land and water resources engineering from KTH (School of Architecture and the Built Environment) in Stockholm and a Professor and a associate professor from the University of Uppsala in air, water and landscape sciences. An associate professor from the University of Linkoping has also committed collaboration with this concept. Contacts with leading academia and suppliers of membranes, filters etc. and a network of entrepreneurs within natural water cleaning technologies all within Sweden have been established. In my work with the concept I have also a R&D Institute in Sweden that is working with sensors for maintain water quality control.

In developing countries with severe water scarcity the households will be enabled to have one more adult in productive economic activity and in that way supplement the household income.

Calculated on a monthly cost of 3 - 3.5 GBP (due for example micro-credit loans) and that an adult earns on an average basis around 0.6 – 0.9 GBP per day giving the household an opportunity to bring in 12.5 – 18.5 GBP extra per month. A deduction for the monthly costs gives the household an extra income of around 9 – 15 GBP per month.

An outsourced production line in developing countries are calculated to produce a water cleaning and recycling system unit to a cost of 467 – 565 GBP exclusive VAT, and with micro-credit loans (15 years/1%) the goal is to have a monthly cost around 3 - 3.5 GBP.

My idea is also to collaborate with female entrepreneur organizations in developing countries that are part of the domestic retail organization, due to it is the woman who has the knowledge regarding the time and efforts it takes to collect water for the households every day and often several times per day.

The pay-off time for users in developing countries is calculated to 7 - 15 years, depending on potential support from the Green Fund domestic contributions and supports, and how much the household are able to pay per month.

More and more people are buying water as they don’t trust the drinking water pipeline is delivering with good quality directly consumable water. For example; the price of bottled water (~0.5 liter) is between 0.6 – 2.5 GBP worldwide.

There are also contaminated areas in the developing countries where people cannot use ground-water due toxic pollutions such as heavy metals, dissolving agents, pesticides, plant protecting agents, natural gas, soaking leaching of plastics, oil among others.

With fewer diseases there will be fewer costs for people living in areas with polluted groundwater. With this system in place people in these affected areas will be enabled to purchase less amount of water for various uses such as hygiene, cleaning and doing the dishes.

My quest & search is; if your organization would be interested in supporting my efforts to construct a first prototype for the benefits for common households in developing countries that are suffering from severe water scarcity today and in the near future?

I need to locate funding from municipal, governmental or private collaborators for the first prototype of the water cleaning and recycling system for common households.

For many developing countries there is also a severe lack of water coming from piedmont glaciers or snowy mountains.

For any comments/questions or for exploring strategic partnerships, please contact me directly.

With very best regards from Sweden

Börje Brandt
Regulus teknikutveckling
Storgatan 6J
SE-93431 Kåge
Sweden
Phone: +46 910 53485 or +46 70 3607580
Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: christian.rieck, ISAIAHOGUTU2007

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds