reversing the principle of reedbeds to create an air pollution filtration system

Page selection:
  • MalRoyalE
    Topic Author
  • Hi. I'm Melvyn, Environmental Scientist

reversing the principle of reedbeds to create an air pollution filtration system

The principle of reedbeds is that polluted water passes through a medium full of air and bacteria, reducing pollutants by as much as 99%.
If this principle is reversed so that polluted air is pumped up through a medium full of bacteria and kept wet, you can achieve 85 to 99% reductions in air pollutants, including ammonia, nitrous oxides, sulphur dioxide and yes carbon dioxide.
The simplicity of this approach has meant no one in the UK is interested in this technology. At the same time standard filtration methods are not that wondrous either.
Any one else has experience of this
Hope its ok to write about this here
Melvyn
Hi, I'm Melvyn, Environmental Scientist, pioneer of vertical flow, modulated, reedbeds since 1996.
My reedbeds have been built for numerous Industrial uses, as well as domestic and holiday camp / caravan site waste water treatment.
Reedbed filtration for iron mine water flows, and as part of polluted ground restoration.
The reverse of the reedbed design can be used to filter air pollution.
I have also been a tutor of environmental science at UK's A level.
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds