Implementation of DRDO Biotoilet through Public-Private model in India - such as Banka Bioloo

22.2k views

Page selection:
  • bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

Re: Implementation of DRDO Biotoilet through Public-Private model in India - such as Banka Bioloo

Green Industry Platform (GIP) is an UNIDO-UNEP initiative to highlight the environmenatally-friendly businesses and provide a platform for bringing them together. GIP also has a Women in Green Industry Chapter that tries to connect and network women who work in this area, as well as raise awareness on their specific contribution to green industry. The paltform was happy to share the green sanitation work of Banka BioLoo, led by Namita Banka. The post was here www.greenindustryplatform.org/?p=2568
More on the company, including the system, solution and the working of the bio-toilet can be found at www.bankabio.com
Banka BioLoo
providing sustainable sanitation across India
www.bankabio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

Re: Sanitation awareness raising and World Toilet Day 2014

Banka BioLoo Pvt. Ltd. organized the event in collaboration with South Central Indian Railways on the occasion of World Toilet Day. The event was organized on a rail platform of the Secunderabad Railway Station (Hyderabad, India). Indian Railways Officers, along with public showed great enthusiasm in coming forward and participating in the event.

The idea was to spread awareness regarding health and sanitation issues and about the bio-toilets that are being installed in the trains. Information regarding the benefits of bio-toilets was disseminated among the public through pamphlets and banners and all queries regarding the same were answered by the Banka BioLoo Team, which was present from morning 6 am till 9 pm in the evening.

Overall, it was an enriching and satisfying experience for the Banka BioLoo Team, which remained on its toes during the entire day to make sure that they were able to reach out to as many people as possible, thereby contributing in its own small way to the betterment of health and sanitation situation in India.
Banka BioLoo
www.bankabio.com
Attachments:

• bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

Re: Panel Discussion on Sanitation at SOCAP 2014, San Francisco, USA (3 Sep 2014)

The SOCAP conference is one of the top conference series worldwide on social enterprise and impact investing. SOCAP convenes a global community of investors, entrepreneurs, corporations, philanthropists, government agencies, and thought leaders; providing context, curation, and acceleration for the rapidly-growing sector.

This year there's a panel discussion on "Global Health and Innovation around Sanitation" on 3 Sep 2014 at 1445 hours (local time) socap14.pathable.com/meetings/214258

Banka BioLoo, Humanure Power, Resource Sanitation, Sanergy, SOIL are amongst the speakers.

Sanjay Banka
Banka BioLoo
www.bankabio.com

• bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

Re: Banka BioLoo is 2013 Asia-Pacific Laureate at Cartier Women's Initiative Awards

Banka BioLoo, the bio-toilet company from India, is the 2013 Asia-Pacific Laureate at Cartier Women's Initiative Awards
Banka BioLoo
www.bankabio.com

• bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

Re: FW: [SuSanA forum] IBF - Istanbul (Events)

Dear Elisabeth,

Yes, the link is correct. We are a finalist at the Changing Markets Award 2013, our sanitation solutions are environmentally and socially friendly.

We received an invitation to apply for the award (guess, Adelphi knows us and our work - www.adelphi.de/de/allgemein/aktuell/43471.php They probably know us through g2i2summit.com ). Travel expenses are borne by GIZ. Am not sure if these are new set of awards or are a regular feature, every year.

Sector Project Sustainable Economic Development of GIZ seems to be sponsoring the event.

I don't know what Adelphi has got to do with this award. To our understanding, Adelphi seems to be organizing/ associating with a number of events.

Best regards,
Sanjay

P.S.
I am Sanjay, Namita's spouse and primarily responsible for the external relationships of the company. The photo on SuSanA is of Namita - founder and CEO of Banka BioLoo Pvt Ltd, and currently she's in Istanbul for the event. She is the Asia-Pacific Laureate of the Cartier Women's Initiative Awards 2013 www.cartierwomensinitiative.com/ The function took place last week, and we were there.
Banka BioLoo
www.bankabio.com

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: IBF - Istanbul

Dear Namita Banka,
I did a Google search for the event that you mentioned and I think you mean this one, right?
www.ibf2013.net/en/award.php

Could you please tell us a bit more about this event, i.e. why is a company from India going all the way to Turkey for this? I am intrigued because it's organised by GIZ and BMZ (i.e. German government) but I had never heard about it until you mentioned it.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

Re: IBF - Istanbul

We'll be at the IBF, Istanbul, for the Changing Markets Award. Is someone coming, would be good to catch-up.
Banka BioLoo
www.bankabio.com

• bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

International Business Forum (IBF), Changing Markets Award 2013 (Turkey, Istanbul 23-24 Oct. 2013)

The CHANGING Markets Award rewards enterprises that are actively contributing to a greener, more inclusive world. 10 enterprises will be selected as finalists and be invited to the 16th International Business Forum (IBF) in Istanbul, Turkey on the 23-24 October 2013.

Note by moderator: A related thread about the DRPO biotoilets that Banka BioLoo is marketing is here:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/35-bio...-constructed-wetland
Banka BioLoo
www.bankabio.com

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds