Urine Documentary - ARTE aired the Urine Superpowers in Germany and France

Page selection:
  • scottchen
    Topic Author
  • trying to set up the most profitable Ecosan project for the world

Re: Urine Documentary

Hi, Elisabeth:
Please find the v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTMzNTk4MDA4.html for the Urine Sperpowers documentary.
best regards
Scott

+++++++++++

Note by moderator:

A link on Youtube to the same video is also available here:

For further comments on Scott's work it's best to use this thread:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/175-fo...-successful-business
The general manager of SHEN ZHEN BLUE WATERS AND GREEN MOUNTAINS LTD , the sole importer of Separett AB waterless toilets in China.
Chen Xiang Yang, an apple dealer,is growing apples and cherries with the human waste collected from 31 school UDDTs donated by SOHO China Foundation, based in Tianshui City, Gansu Province , China. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., tel:0086 151 9380 3972
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • scottchen
    Topic Author

Hi, Elisabeth:

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for your good comments on my performance in the film.

Yes, Arno instroduces the producer to me. Arno also convinced SOHO China Foundation to build the UDDTs with me in 2008 and 2009.

I just contact the producer agent in China who says the copyright belongs to Mona Lisa Productions Ltd of French. The management is on a vacation and she can not receive an answer from her boss.
Anyway, she will send an email to the director of Mona Lisa asking we could cut that part of mine for public education.

I wish you all a happy new year and Merry Christmas.

best wishes
Scott
The general manager of SHEN ZHEN BLUE WATERS AND GREEN MOUNTAINS LTD , the sole importer of Separett AB waterless toilets in China.
Chen Xiang Yang, an apple dealer,is growing apples and cherries with the human waste collected from 31 school UDDTs donated by SOHO China Foundation, based in Tianshui City, Gansu Province , China. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., tel:0086 151 9380 3972

• jkeichholz

German version of the "Urine Documentary" on YouTube:

Juergen Eichholz
watsan eng.
water, sanitation, IT & knowledge management
www.saniblog.org

Toilets in Frankfurt/Main www.facebook.com/ffmtoi
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Scott,

In finally took the time to watch the urine documentary that you linked to. I viewed the German version here (where your part starts at 33:16):
future.arte.tv/de/urin

It is such a pity that such a link would only work in certain countries (this one only in Germany?) and not in others.
All the effort that went into making this movie, and then only few people get to watch it!

I know that Arno (who I think made the connection between the French film crew and you), has recieved a DVD of the movie but I am not sure if he is allowed to share it widely.
It would be nice to be able to cut out that part that interests many of us the most (i.e. urine use in agriculture) and to put only that part on Youtube or elsewhere so that we could show this to others.

In any case, you came out very well in this movie, congratulations! You must be quite a celebrity in your province - the man who takes urine of school children to make the best apples of the region! :-)

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: jkeichholz

• scottchen
    Topic Author

JKMakowka:
Thank for the information. But, I never succeed in watch it in China.
best regards
Scott

• ben
  • Water and sanitation engineer

Re: Reuse Documentary in the USA

Dear ScottChen,

Just wanted to precise that Arte is THE best channel in France (can't say for germany), Probably some hundred thousand french and german have seen you in this documentary. They're is a lot of "china bashing" here in europe, critisizing china's environmental crisis, your urine re-use is therefore an amazing example of how good environmental practice can come from the east !

Thanks therefore for participating to change european's minds, it helps us local practicioners a lot !

Best,

Ben
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• gsmikhael
  • Georges MIkhael

Re: Reuse Documentary in the USA

Hello All,

I just ran across this documentary by VICE called "You Don't Know Shit" about the treatment and reuse of wastewater from New York City.

www.vice.com/video/you-dont-know-shit-full-185

A bit basic, but maybe interesting for some.

Georges

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

The German version is here:
www.arte.tv/guide/de/048171-000/die-beso...issenschaft-vom-urin
(The same part scottchen linked starts after 21 minutes).

Edit: And the more interesting part from a SuSanA perspective starts after 33 minutes.

• scottchen
    Topic Author

Urine Documentary

Yesterday, ARTE aired the Urine Superpowers in Germany and France. I wonder if there are any comments from both countries audience on my growing apples with the urine as the fertiliser collected from 20,000 students using the UDDTs.

boutique.arte.tv/f9918-superpouvoirs_uri...uperpouvoirs%20urine
Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds