WIKI-SUSAN? Open Source!

21.9k views

Page selection:
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: WIKI-SUSAN? Open Source!

Luckily most of the "development" information is already informally open-source and explicit Creative-Commons licenses have become surprisingly common in recent publications (although I disagree with those that add a "non-commercial" option, especially if a business approach is advocated for within ;) ).

However there is seemingly less and less practical information (manuals etc.) produced within the sector (compared to what was common lets say in the 1970ties or even the 1990ties) while the overall "text-output" is ever increasing. Not exactly a good "development" in my opinion.

Anyways... is there anything specifically you would like to open-source in regards to sustainable sanitation? I guess general knowledge is already pretty well covered via SSWM and Akvo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • AquaVerde
    Topic Author
  • "simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity

WIKI-SUSAN? Open Source!

WIKI-SUSAN developments and solutions (on hardware & software)?

Dear Colleagues,
I would like to start up at SUSANA-Forum discussion between us and others about Open Source idea/approaches for "Sustainable Sanitation" with you all.

You may start on this subject by listening first to 13 min TED-speech by Alstair PARVIN (Feb.2013). www.ted.com/speakers/alastair_parvin.html
REMARK: There will be probably a misunderstanding, "wikihouse" is is not only about the mentioned CNC-stuff!

www.wikihouse.cc/#support
I hope it is inspiring to you too, as I got inspired by a colleague from South Africa.

opensourceecology.org/
www.heise.de/open/artikel/Open-Source-au...em-Fuss-1954752.html

All the best
Detlef SCHWAGER
www.aqua-verde.de
"simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity
Low-Tech Solutions with High-Tech Effects
"Inspired by Circular Economy and Cooperation"
www.flickr.com/photos/aqua-verde/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds