MHM in schools in Nigeria: Main issues

Page selection:
  • ooaluko
    Topic Author
  • To contribute towards poverty reduction in my environment through WASH programme implementation

Re: MHM in schools in Nigeria: Main issues

The manuscript has been sent for publication in a journal and when published, the link shall be made available on this page. Regards
Femi Aluko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: MHM in schools in Nigeria: Main issues

Could you give us a link to the original publication or upload the project report these figures come from?

• ooaluko
    Topic Author
  • To contribute towards poverty reduction in my environment through WASH programme implementation

MHM in schools in Nigeria: Main issues

Lack of awareness among school level stakeholders and support facilities on MHM in schools, use of insanitary menstrual absorbents by about 25% of the respondents, lack of adequate WASH facilities, especially gender-friendly toilets, lack of appropriate disposal system for spent menstrual absorbents, absence of potable water within toilets, poverty, reuse of insanitary menstrual absorbents, despite good knowledge prior to menarche and, school absenteeism during menstruation (14.4%) has been revealed in a recent study among in-school adolescents at Ile Ife, Nigeria. This is a concern and requires immediate and concerted efforts from all concerned for intervention targeting hardware and software support.
Femi Aluko

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds