2014 Sustainable WaSH Forum (30 June, Amsterdam, the Netherlands) - with feedback

Page selection:
  • bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

Re: 2014 Sustainable WaSH Forum (30 June, Amsterdam, the Netherlands)

Yes, the focus was primarily around tools. The deliberations were on tools - usage, good ones, whether more needed etc. There was also a lot of debate on sustainability of services and sustainability checks by donors/implementors.
Banka BioLoo
providing sustainable sanitation across India
www.bankabio.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

The first time I heard about this conference was by the post of Sanjay above (thanks, Sanjay).

I am very impressed by the social media outreach work from the conference, I have followed it on twitter (look for this keyword on twitter: #WASH2014) and I feel like I got quite a good glimpse of what was discussed there and who was there (thanks also to their photos:
www.flickr.com/photos/88418118@N03/sets/72157645443645884/ )

And I am very impressed how fast they managed to produce a video summary of the event, see here:

I guess the main focus was on tools to measure sustainability and on monitoring.

Looking forward to some feedback of SuSanA members who attended this event? And I also wonder if there is already a sufficiently strong linkage between SuSanA and sustainableWASH.org, which seems to be mainly supported by IRC (sustainablewash.org/ - don't be confused: last time I checked they had a problem with some of their pages being hacked with advertising; it confused the hell out of me initially).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hope to see plenty of tweets from SuSanA members from the conference on Twitter. The official hashtag for the conference is: #WASH2014
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• SeanFurey
  • Director of the Rural Water Supply Network (RWSN), at Skat Foundation

I'll be there too and looking forward to meeting SuSanA and RWSN folks :)

• christian.rieck

Dear Sanjay,

I will be there too together with my programme leader Arne Panesar. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Best wishes,
Christian
GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
GIZ Uganda
Enhanced Water Security and Sanitation (ENWASS)
Sanitation for Millions

• bankabio
    Topic Author
  • Banka BioLoo Team

2014 Sustainable WaSH Forum (30 June, Amsterdam, the Netherlands) - with feedback

Anyone attending in Amsterdam? I will be there.

Sanjay Banka

++++++

Added by moderator:

www.sustainablewash.org/2014-wash-sustainability-forum

2014 WASH Sustainability Forum

Sustainability has been a key focus throughout the WASH sector for several years; however, many organizations have had trouble translating broad discussions into field programming. Building off of previous forums that focused on the concepts of sustainability, this Forum will introduce practical approaches and tools for applying sanitation, hygiene, and water sustainability principles.

Recognizing that attention has been placed primarily on water access in past discussions, this meeting will have a special focus on sanitation and hygiene, while still advancing sustainability for water.

The fifth in the series of WASH Sustainability Forums will be held on June 30th & July 1st at the RAI in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Organized as a mix of hands-on sessions, engaging small group discussions, and impactful plenary presentations, this Forum will expose participants to practical tools and approaches that can be applied within the context of their own work.
Banka BioLoo
providing sustainable sanitation across India
www.bankabio.com
The following user(s) like this post: bharat.sapkota@hotmail.com

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds