× This area is for The Sanitation Ladder: Next Steps discussion, part of the Thematic Discussion Series (TDS). More information on the organisation of this discussion can be found here: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/185-th...on-ladder-next-steps Previous threads relevant to the topic of the Sanitation Ladder have been moved to this category. All new threads for the thematic discussion will say "TDS" before the topic name.

TDS: The Sanitation Ladder: Next Steps Discussion Follow-Up Webinar

20k views

Page selection:
  • Roslyn
    Topic Author

Re: TDS: The Sanitation Ladder: Next Steps Discussion Follow-Up Webinar

Excellent points, thank you all for the feedback and tips! Actually I have updated the initial post because we did plan to do a YouTube video as well as a podcast, I just missed mentioning it in the post.

Video: We will use Adobe Connect software for the webinar and fortunately there is a built-in component that allows us to record the video, which we will save and then upload to the SuSanA YouTube channel.

Podcast: We are planning to do as Joe has suggested by turning the video into an audio file. Particularly as this webinar will be focused on discussion, we hope that the "podcast" will provide an alternative to a video medium and an alternative to streaming a YouTube video for those with limited bandwidth, and those that cannot access YouTube in their countries.

Summary:
In addition, we will provide a short summary of the key points made in the webinar on this thread.

@Elisabeth Regarding posting the presentations before-hand - in the webinar I will make a short presentation to summarize the discussion, but I will not post this before-hand as the synthesis provides a detailed summary and background for the webinar. The other presenters will present questions which aim for discussion rather than have PPT slides, which will afterwards be summarized in the webinar summary.

Thanks again for the feedback, and we're happy to hear more suggestions on mediums to provide information from the webinar!

Roslyn
Roslyn Graham
MSc Global Health
Member of SuSanA www.susana.org
Newfoundland, Canada

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • joeturner

Just to say - if anyone is planning to upload a youtube video, it is a fairly simple thing to turn that into an audio file. Of course, the audio track of a video is not exactly a podcast, but maybe that would be good for some to listen to who do not have access to youtube.

• dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Dear Roslyn and all

A podcast would be very valuable to reach out to a bigger audience not only for watching the video but also to jump into the online discussion later on….
I once tested some open source apps that made a video from what was happening on your screen - this might be a very simple a quick option to produce a video from the webinar….
Cheers, Dorothee
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Sadly I can't join as I will be travelling during that time, but I agree that a recording of the webinar would be nice to have. Most webinar systems support recoring videos easily, so uploading it to youtube or the like later on should be easy.
Not sure if you can call such a recording a podcast though... but I still think that would be a great (but work intensive) idea to reach more people than just through the forum.
The following user(s) like this post: dorothee.spuhler

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Roslyn,

I look forward to the webinar this Thursday. A while ago on the forum, Kris, Joe and Marijn brought up the idea of doing podcasts on sanitation topics (forum.susana.org/forum/categories/54-wg-...books-online-courses).

Have you thought about the option of making the recording of this webinar available as a podcast afterwards? Would that be easy to do? Is there an ideal length for such a podcast or is 45 minutes just fine? (if not, it could be broken into two perhaps)

Another thing that might attract more participation is to make available any slides that will be used by the presenters one day ahead of the webinar (if they use any). Would this be an option?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Roslyn
    Topic Author

TDS: The Sanitation Ladder: Next Steps Discussion Follow-Up Webinar

Dear all,

In follow-up to the Thematic Discussion Series discussion on “The Sanitation Ladder: Next Steps” we will be hosting a complementary webinar discussion on March 26th at 15:00-15:45 CET.*

The webinar will be 45 minutes long, and will comprise a short summary of the discussion that took place on the forum then two leading questions will be provided for discussion, with input from the Thematic Leads Elisabeth Kvarnström and Ricard Gine, and the floor will then also be opened to input and questions from those in attendance.

The synthesis of the thematic discussion will be used as an accompanying document for the webinar.

You can register for the webinar here: www.susana.org/en/webinar-registration

UPDATE (for those unable to attend!): We will post a recording of the webinar on YouTube and a podcast (audio recording) of the webinar on the SuSanA website. In addition, we will provide a summary of the webinar here on the forum.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to continuing the discussion!

Roslyn

* Please double check the time difference for your country (for example, with www.worldtimebuddy.com/) as some countries have shifted to daylight savings time (particularly parts of North and Central America) while other countries have not yet shifted.
Roslyn Graham
MSc Global Health
Member of SuSanA www.susana.org
Newfoundland, Canada

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds