Survey on Multiparameter Field Test Kits for water

Page selection:
  • sarapesekMIT

Re: Survey on Multiparameter Field Test Kits for water

Thank you to everyone who provided input and answered our online survey all those months ago. Your thoughts and opinions were incredibly valuable.

Our final report is a comparative evaluation including both single parameter H2S kits as well as multi-parameter "mobile lab" test kits. For both test kit types, the evaluation compares options available in the market globally against criteria of technical performance, ease of use, availability, affordability, demand generation, and environment & health impacts. It is designed for use by grassroots practitioners including NGOs and local governments as well as larger scale organisations to aid them in deciding which kits will best fit their needs and budget.

You can access the report from the CITE website: cite.mit.edu/reports/water-test-kit-evaluation#

For any questions, please be in touch with Jennifer Green at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks,
Sara

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Bjoern,

Thanks for this detailed information about multiparameter field test kits. You wrote:

I am on my way for a winter wastewater sampling campaign in Lesotho this very moment. I will document and videotape the Kits in the field and post it if anyone is interested.

The answer is yes, we are interested. :-)
Can you post the videos please?

Dear Jennifer,
Can you please give us results of your survey on "brands of Multiparameter Field Test Kits (MPFTKs) that are being used by WaSH professionals in the field"? It would be interesting to have the results and that Google doc that you mentioned (which could be a living document).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• biotech80
  • Off-Grid Sanitation Solutions - Faecal Sludge - - DEWATS - - Water Footprint Reduction -

Hi Jennifer,

I am evaluating the AquaCheck mobile analysis for BORDA. Main area would be onsite Nutrient measurements.
(&filled out your form)

Here is a link to the system I use:

www.aqua-check.de/en/products/aqua-check-2-en.html

After communication with the manufacturere it seems they are developing a COD kit as well.....but not released yet.

So far the device performed without any issues and the values are within 0.2-0.5mg/l of standard lab tests (NH4 12.6 with Aquacheck, 12.2 with Merck Spectroquant).

Aditionally some borda regions are using smaller mobile Merck/Hach field Photometers with the according testkits (NH4, PO4, COD). This however requires the transport of a small heater for COD and requires electricity on/near site).

Last system I am evaluating is a tiny field colorimeter to run basic Nutrient tests in the field:

www.iorodeo.com/colorimeter

This is a tiny LED based colorimeter Kit that was developed out of the Maker scene of some US Universities.

It can measure the standard tests for Nutrients and COD at a much lower price. As well it is powered via USB from a connected laptop.

Again, basic tests from spectroquant or classic standard methods work very well with minimal error.

I am on my way for a winter wastewater sampling campaign in Lesotho this very moment. I will document and videotape the Kits in the field and post it if anyone is interested.

All the best
Cheers
Bjoern

• jlgreen228
    Topic Author

Survey on Multiparameter Field Test Kits for water

Hi everyone
We are gathering some basic information on different brands of Multiparameter Field Test Kits (MPFTKs) that are being used by WaSH professionals in the field. The ones we are interested in are the “portable labs” that test a number of parameters and come assembled with all of the equipment you need to test water quality onsite in a hard case or bag. We will post the results of the survey daily in a Google Doc so people can go in and review the kits and/or check to see which ones we have.
If possible, please fill out the 10-question survey here

Sorry for any cross-posting.
Thanks!
Jennifer

Jennifer L. Green, Research Scientist
Sociotechnical Systems Research Center
CITE Project Manager
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, USA

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds