Wanted: Toilet photos for DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar

Page selection:
  • Hope
    Topic Author

Re: Wanted: Toilet photos for DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar

Hi everyone,

I am thrilled to present DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar!

Digital version of the calendar --> defeatdd.org/places-we-go-2015-toilet-calendar

Photo gallery of finalists --> www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.814738...2484593815230&type=3

Photo gallery of all 2015 submissions --> www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780357...2484593815230&type=3

I know Elisabeth will have some printed copies on hand to give as prizes throughout the year for various activities, so stay tuned to this Forum! If you think you'll have an organizational need for the calendars, let me know ASAP,

Best,
Hope

Hope Randall
Child Health Communications Associate
PATH
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Hope Randall
Digital Communications Officer
PATH
Address: 455 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20001 USA
Tel: 202-822-0033
Web: www.defeatDD.org
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Hope
    Topic Author

Re: Reply: Wanted: Toilet photos for DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar

Thank you for your reply, Chhabi.

We love handwashing photos, but for the purposes of the calendar, we're looking for photos of toilets specifically (and if there is a handwashing station featured in the photo of the toilet, even better!).

If you have any toilet photos to share, please share them with me via This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks again!
Hope
Hope Randall
PATH
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Chhabi

Re: Reply: Wanted: Toilet photos for DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar

Dear Sir/Madam

I visited your Susana forum, I found interesting that you are collecting photos, Our organisation NEST is facilitating ODF campaign and behvaiour change in sanitation and hygiene in Rautahat district of Nepal with the support from GSF/UN Habitat.

I am enclosing herewith a photograph about hand washing, which may be suitable for your calender ?

Thank you , please contact us if any additional information required. We have lot of other photos about toilet, and sanitation campaign in Nepal.

Warm Regards

--
Chhabi Goudel

Executive Director
Necleus For Empowerment Through Skill Transfer ( NEST- Nepal)
Tel: 977 61 520492/ 528036 (o), Fax:521953
Cell: 9846040220 / 9856040220
E.Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Chhabi

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Hope
    Topic Author

Thanks for the kind words, Elisabeth! And thanks for the good question.

We're currently going through an internal vetting process to decide which UN observances should be included in the calendar. As you can imagine, it could get out of control pretty quickly! In general, we are trying to keep the observance days related primarily to maternal and child health. Of course, there are gray areas and tough calls on whether or not to include certain days. We will likely not include the observance day for FGM, for example. And yes, while our audience is certainly a global one, most of our audience resides in the US, so we've chosen to include major US holidays.

Here is the (tentative) list of UN observances we plan to include:

- International Women’s Day

- World Water Day

- World Immunization Week

- World Health Day

- Day of the African Child

- World Population Day

- World Breastfeeding Week

- Global Handwashing Day

- World Food Day

- World Prematurity Day

- World Pneumonia Day

- World Toilet Day (obviously!) :)

ONE week to go! Looking forward to your submissions!

Thanks!
Hope
Hope Randall
PATH
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

I can highly recommend submitting photos for this calendar. I submitted photos on behalf of SuSanA last year (from our SuSanA Flickr Photo Database ) and found the whole process of dealing with Hope Randall very enjoyable! There is a real person behind this call and behind the calendar, your photos don't just disappear into a black hole. ;)

Hope has been so kind to add my other submissions from last year which weren't selected into the new contest so perhaps another photo from a SuSanA member will make it into the calendar for 2015!
You can see them all on their Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780357...2484593815230&type=1

The final product of the 2014 calendar was very pretty. Great Christmas present or give-away for various occasions. It is great that PATH (coming more from the health side) is putting the spotlight onto toilets and sanitation, and we should support these efforts if we can!

One question to Hope:
your calendar includes some UN days, as well as some public holidays in the US (I guess your main target audience are people in the US?).

Could you give us a listing of which UN days you will include in the 2015 calendar so that we can just check if you forgot any important ones? E.g. there is Menstrual Hygiene Day in 28 May - it is not yet an official UN day, so I am not sure if it could be included or not?
Also there is a UN day in February to stop female genital mutilation which I find important (and linked with sanitation), although would you say this is taking it too far away from the core topic?

Having these UN days in this calendar is a really good idea, I think.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Hope
    Topic Author

In case you missed it, here is a link to last year's calendar: defeatdd.org/oh-the-places-we-go-calendar

Check out the August feature: a photograph by Stefanie Lorenz on behalf of SuSanA (attached). We'd love to see SuSanA represented in the 2015 version as well!

Thanks,
Hope
Hope Randall
PATH
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, canaday

• Hope
    Topic Author

Wanted: Toilet photos for DefeatDD's 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar

Due to popular demand, the DefeatDD team at PATH is sponsoring 2015 Places We Go toilet calendar. But we need your photos by October 12 to make it happen!

Last year’s loos traveled (in calendar form) all over the world, from the Reinvent the Toilet Fair in India to a national sanitation policy conference in Kenya to US policymakers to commemorate World Pneumonia Day and World Toilet Day on Capitol Hill. We hear they also made great stocking stuffers for the featured photographers’ families, too. Still, our work to raise awareness about the sanitation crisis isn’t over.

You can find submission information here: defeatdd.org/2015-placeswego-redoo

To view the entries so far, visit our Facebook album: www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.780357...2484593815230&type=1

Questions? Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks!
Hope
Hope Randall
PATH

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds