Awareness raising about neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) - voice by Bill Gates

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Awareness raising about neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) - voice by Bill Gates

I came across this nice little 2-minute video which aims to raise awareness about neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) and our duty to do something about them! It also talks about a drive to donate medicines to cure these diseases. the voice in the video is by Bill Gates himself.

I think the video is very well done and worth watching and showing to your kids. However, I would have loved to hear also something about the importance of sanitation to prevent spread of these diseases. (but yes, I know, one cannot put too many messages into a short 2-minute video!)

About the video:

Bill Gates talks about some of the world’s oldest and most horrifying diseases that continue to afflict the world’s poorest people.
Learn more at b-gat.es/2o76SN2

And here: www.gatesnotes.com/Health/Record-Breakin..._GF-EM_&WT.tsrc=GFEM

Anyway, very good awareness raising efforts!
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds