36th WEDC International Conference, Nakuru, Kenya 1-5 July 2013

17.7k views

Page selection:
  • SOILHaiti
  • SOIL Team

Re: SOIL Publications at WEDC 2013: Ecological sanitation (EcoSan) in post-earthquake Haiti

SOIL will be presenting two papers at the WEDC International Conference in Kenya today and tomorrow:

Piloting ecological sanitation (EcoSan) in the emergency context of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, after the 2010 earthquake. A. Kilbride, S. Kramer, and N.Preneta. WEDC Conference 2013. Available at: www.oursoil.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/...ncy-toilets-WEDC.pdf.

Thermophilic composting of human wastes in uncertain urban environments: a case study from Haiti. S. Kramer, N. Preneta, and A. Kilbride. WEDC Conference 2013. Available at: www.oursoil.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/...posting-in-Haiti.pdf

Please visit our website (http://www.oursoil.org/) to learn more about SOIL's work in Haiti.

Thanks all! Leah
Posted by the SOIL Team based in Haiti since 2006. Find more information about SOIL at:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/SOILHaiti
Twitter: @SOILHaiti.

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Hamnid

Re: 36th WEDC International Conference, Nakuru, Kenya 1-5 July 2013

Hi Trevor and others,
I will be attending the WEDC Conference in Nakuru, Kenya. I will be very happy to meet the team from SuSanA.

Hope to see you soon.

Thanks!
Hamidatu Darimani
PhD Student,
International Institute for
Water and Environmental Engineering,
Burkina Faso
HSDD

• ChristineOnimbo
  • Have passion to increase access to sanitation and engage inagrobusiness

I am very interested to follow and learn about different approaches to increase access to sanitation. I live along Lake Victoria where pit latrines collapse during heavy rains and overflow during rainy reasons.
I would love to know, who may attend the Nakuru, Kenya conference and any relevant information ? If it is open can I send a representative as I interested but already have commitment on the material dates ?

• SOILHaiti
  • SOIL Team

Hello everyone,

We are excited to participate in the WEDC conference this year! We will be presenting 2 papers: one on piloting emergency EcoSan toilets after the 2010 earthquake in Port-au-Prince, and the other one on SOIL's sanitation experience in Haiti thermophilically composting human waste at our 2 sites. We're also looking forward to sharing our recent activities, lessons learned, and objectives for the future. See you soon!

The SOIL Team
Posted by the SOIL Team based in Haiti since 2006. Find more information about SOIL at:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/SOILHaiti
Twitter: @SOILHaiti.

• EstherGlotzbach
  • I am currently working on a sanitation competition called "What to do with poo?" This challenge is part of a larger programme called the Nakuru County Sanitation Programme, which aims to put a sanitation value chain in place in Nakuru County, Kenya.

Hi!

I will unfortunately probably not be able to attend the conference.. But I am at the moment organizing a sanitation competition in Nakuru called "What to do with poo?" (www.whattodowithpoo.com) The competition is part of the Nakuru County Sanitation Programme launched at the beginning of this month. (Partner organisations of the programme are SNV, Vitens Evides International, NAWASSCO and WSUP)
The challenge invites everyone to come up with innovative ideas for end-services or products from human waste. This will be part of a sanitation value chain that will be put in place in Nakuru as part of the programme.
This video ( vimeo.com/66883217 ) gives a nice short explanation of the challenge and how one can join.
We welcome all of you to also sign up and join the discussions that have started on our website's platform and have a look at the ideas submitted, as your advice, tips and feedback will be very valuable for these aspiring entrepreneurs!

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,
Esther Umutoni Glotzbach
SNV WASH and Local Organizer
Tel: +254 (0) 701 222 097
www.snvworld.org
www.whattodowithpoo.com
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Esther Umutoni Glotzbach
ESA WASH and Local Organizer
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.snvworld.org
www.whattodowithpoo.com

This message has an attachment file.

• ande1978
  • Independent Ecological Sanitation Consultant in Kenya

Dear Aaron,

I am located in Kitale, about to start a project in sanitation. Eldoret is about 70km of distance. I'd like to meet you for an exchange since I am interested in your study.

I will not be attending the conference, either. But I will still be around in Kenya throughout the next years starting an ecosan project in the Western Province called "Ecosan for Life".

Regards,

Andreas
Ecological Sanitation Consultant
currently acting as Project Manager in Sanitation for "Offene Herzen e.V. - open hearts" in Chwele/Western Kenya

Master in Business Engineering
Longing for a detailed review of the UN MDG achievements after 2015 with rectifying post-MDG goals

Mobile: +254708617662

• kim068

I am in Nakuru Kenya but will not be attending the conference so if possible i would be glad to meet SuSanA forum members.
ms. perpetuah kimuri

• aforbisstokes
  • Sanitation Technology Consultant, Triangle Environmental Health Initiative

I will be in attendance. I will not be presenting a paper but will have a poster with an update on our group's sanitation pilot study that has started in Eldoret, Kenya, within the past few weeks.
Aaron Forbis-Stokes, Ph.D.
Sanitation Technology Consultant
Triangle Environmental Health Initiative
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.triangle-environmental.com

• tmsinnovation
  • I manage the Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project) and previously coordinated the Climate-friendly sanitation services in peri-urban areas of Lusaka project in Zambia. My background is in Management, Economics and Information Systems.

Hi Jennifer

Great news. I would recommend putting a short mail together to be sent out to the SuSanA WG 10, alerting them to this thread / discussion on the forum and to your willingness to organise a WG 10 meeting during the WEDC conference. Hopefully that would lead to further support and momentum from other SuSanA members attending the WEDC conference to participate in a SuSanA working group meeting.

So please put a short email together and then we can take it from there.
Kind regards
Trevor
Trevor Surridge
Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project)
Project Manager

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Shmeisani,
Amman
Jordan

• jlgreen228

Hi Trevor and others,
I will be attending the WEDC Conference in Nakuru, Kenya along with two other colleagues from MIT. We'll also be spending a month in Uganda after the conference and would love to meet up with other SuSanA members both at the WEDC conference and in Uganda.

If others will be at WEDC and want to have a SuSanA meeting, I would be happy to help organize it.

Thanks!
Jennifer Green
Research Scientist, MIT
WG 10 Co-Lead
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation

• HAPitot
  • Environmental engineer with a passion for low cost and resource recovery issues in sanitation

Hi Trevor and others,

I am planing to present a paper entitled

A ‘two-track’ approach to sanitation and waste management in Adjumani, Northern Uganda

Kind regards,

Hanns-Andre
Hanns-Andre Pitot
M.Eng. Environmental Pollution Control
presently in Seesen, Germany

• tmsinnovation
  • I manage the Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project) and previously coordinated the Climate-friendly sanitation services in peri-urban areas of Lusaka project in Zambia. My background is in Management, Economics and Information Systems.

Dear SuSanA community

We at the SuSanA secretariat were wondering if anyone from the community is planning to attend the WEDC Conference?

As it would be great to try and connect the SuSanA community members that are attending before the conference. It is always good to have a few people to meet up with when attending a conference.

If you are attending, please feel free to reply to this post and let us know.
If there are a good few people going then perhaps we could consider organising a small side event or a working group meeting.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards
Trevor
Trevor Surridge
Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project)
Project Manager

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Shmeisani,
Amman
Jordan

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds