SACOSAN-V – South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 22-24 October 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal

Page selection:
  • F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Re: SACOSAN-V – South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 22-24 October 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal

Thank you, Roslyn. I appreciate.

Best regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: SACOSAN-V – South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 22-24 October 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal

Dear Mr. Mughal and forum users,

Please find the SACOSAN-V Conference Page listed in the SuSanA website. This page has links to presentations and more information about the proceedings of the conference.

Kind regards,

Roslyn
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• aasimmansuri
  • Engineer Planner, Senior Program Lead at Center for Water and Sanitation, CEPT University

HiAll,

I wanted to inquire, whether i could still register for the SACOSAN meeting in Nepal. Is there a weblink where i could register as i could not find one on the sacosan website.

Thanks

Regards,
Aasim
Aasim Mansuri
Senior Program Lead
Center for Water and Sanitation
CEPT University, Ahmedabad-380009, Gujarat, India
M: +91 98 98 324874 | O: +91 79 26302470

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. l This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. | www.pas.org.in
fb.com/pas.cept | linkedin.com/in/pascept

• F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Re: SACOSAN-V – South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 11-13 November 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal

Dear Mr. Bipin Poudel,

Thank you for proving useful information. This is a good opportunity for the colleagues of this forum to attend and/or take part in the discussions.

Please, don't forget to provide full proceedings and presentations (including the country reports) to this forum, once the event is over, for those who cannot attend the event, or are unable to take part in the discussions.

Kind regards,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

• poudelbipin

Re: SACOSAN-V – South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 11-13 November 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal

Dear All,

Thank you for showing your concern on SACOSAN-V. I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the date of SACOSAN-V has been pre-poned. It is scheduled to be held in Nepal from 22-24 October 2013.

The conference will have 400 delegates from the eight countries in South Asia, as well as regional and international experts. Key conference activities include country presentations, expert discussions, eight technical focus sessions to be led by member countries, side events and an exhibition. A public opening of the conference and field visits will take place before and after the event respectively.

SACOSAN is a Government-led conference and fixed (limited) quota has been provided to all the participating countries. Respective Governments of the participating countries nominate the delegates from the concerned Government Offices, Organizations and CSOs.

However, for all interested participants we have a Discussion Forum to discuss on the issues related to Sanitation. And also, we are planning to organize Virtual Conference for those who cannot participate on site Conference. You will be able to browse the conference floor, chat with both staff and other attendees and attend live presentations via webcast.

So, we request you to visit our website www.sacosanv.gov.np and take part in the Discussion (under E-SACOSAN) and register yourself for the Virtual Conference.

Kind Regards,
Bipin Poudel
Technical officer
SACOSAN-V Secretariat
Kathmandu Nepal

• tmsinnovation
  • I manage the Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project) and previously coordinated the Climate-friendly sanitation services in peri-urban areas of Lusaka project in Zambia. My background is in Management, Economics and Information Systems.

Re: Reply: SACOSAN-V ? South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 11-13 November 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal

Dear Ananya

I suspect that due to the SACOSAN taking place in November, that more details and the registration forms will be made available in the future. We at the SuSanA secretariat will share any news or updates in this regard that we receive with the network via the Forum as soon as we receive them.

It looks like it is going to be a great event, just after reading through the available information at this stage.

Kind regards

Trevor
Trevor Surridge
Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project)
Project Manager

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Shmeisani,
Amman
Jordan

• AnanyaGh
  • Shit-talks interests me most as I possess the Learner's brain

Hi Carola,
Thanks for raising this event at such a platform. Is there a specific website where my organization or me can register as an interested participant for the SACOSAN? the website: www.sacosanv.gov.np/ does not have a registration site. What is the registration process? I would be glad if you could let us know.
Thanks again,
Ananya
Wash-in-Schools
'Learner'
:)

• carola
    Topic Author

SACOSAN-V – South Asian Conference on Sanitation, 22-24 October 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal

Attention the date of SACOSAN-V has been pre-poned. It is scheduled to be held in Nepal from 22-24 October 2013!!!!!

South Asian Conference on Sanitation (SACOSAN), a government led biennial convention held on a rotational basis in each country, is a platform for interaction in sanitation sector. SACOSANs are intended to develop a Regional agenda on sanitation, enabling learning from the past experiences and setting actions for the future. The objectives of such conferences are to accelerate the progress in sanitation and hygiene promotion in South Asia and to enhance quality of people's life. The SACOSAN process is being instrumental to generate political wills towards better sanitaion in the region.

South Asian countries; namely, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are the participating countries. The first conference was held in Bangladesh in 2003, the second in Pakistan in 2006, the third in India in 2008 and the fourth in Sri Lanka in 2011.

More information: www.sacosanv.gov.np/
Carola Israel
Officemanager "Sustainable sanitation"
GIZ, Eschborn, Germany

www.susana.org
www.giz.de/sanitation

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds