2015 Water and Health Conference- Call for abstracts and side event proposals - October 26-30 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA (new deadline 1 May)

Page selection:
  • MarissaVS
  • Topic Author

Re: 2015 Water and Health Conference Deadline extended for call for abstracts and side event proposals

The deadline for abstracts and side event submissions for the Water and Health Conference at the University of North Carolina has been extended to May 1. We are particularly seeking abstract submissions from implementing organizations.

The conference themes are:
WaSH for the future: SDGs, innovation, resources, integration, and urbanization
Hygiene and behavior
WaSH in emergencies and outbreaks
Learning from practice: MEL, action research, case studies
Water supply and quality
Sanitation: protecting households, communities and environment

You can submit abstracts here waterinstitute.unc.edu/waterandhealth/call-papers/ and side events here waterinstitute.unc.edu/waterandhealth/side-events/

Since one of our themes is WaSH in emergencies and outbreaks we are likely to open a special call for papers on that theme over the summer in light of the earthquake in Nepal. More information on this soon.

Please pass this along to all those interested.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • alizain

Re: Reply: 2015 Water and Health Conference- Call for abstracts and side event proposals

Dear water and health conference organisers

I am Miss Raga Elzian, sudanese public and environmental health experts
I wish to present poster around water related disease in south sudanese refugees camps in sudan
The camps is near white nile and the bad situation of citizens who became refugees between day and night ,
Very tough situation all kind of water related disease
I would like to join you my poster and presentation in the water and heath conference
One of my greatest presentations is around conflict over water and water to solve conflict in word water week 2008
(Gender, water and sanitation in Darfour refugees camps) during the civil war it was so interesting
I would like to apply willing to get opportunity to join you

With best regards
Miss:Raga Elzian
Arts for Health Education Organisation
Khartoum-Sudan

• MarissaVS
  • Topic Author

2015 Water and Health Conference- Call for abstracts and side event proposals - October 26-30 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA (new deadline 1 May)

The Water Institute at UNC is now accepting abstracts for the 2015 Water and Health Conference: Where Science Meets Policy. Abstracts for both poster and verbal presentations may be submitted online through April 24. This year's conference will take place October 26-30 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA.

We are also accepting proposals for side events to be held during the Conference, including meetings, workshops, networking sessions, training courses and open forums. Side events are an opportunity for individuals or groups to bring together a range of stakeholders to focus on a specific area of interest. To submit a proposal, submit online by April 24.

Abstracts and proposals should relate to this year’s themes, which are:
  • WaSH for the future: SDGs, innovation, resources, integration, and urbanization
  • Hygiene and behavior
  • WaSH in emergencies and outbreaks
  • Learning from practice: MEL, action research, case studies
  • Water supply and quality
  • Sanitation: Protecting households, communities and environment

More information about the Conference is online at waterinstitute.unc.edu/waterandhealth . We hope to see you in October!

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds