Hydrocyclone separator flush toilet for on-site sanitation (Swedish company Aquatron)

19.8k views

Page selection:
  • F H Mughal
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Re: Sustainable Decentralized Wastewater Management in Developing Countries (AIT, Thailand)

I'm afraid, I cannot find link to the video. Elisabeth: Please help.

I'm also looking forward to Thammarat's reply.

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hydrocyclone separator flush toilet for on-site sanitation (Swedish company Aquatron)

Note by moderator: This has now been split off into a new thread. It had started in this thread with this post by Daniel Larson: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/105-pr...it=12&start=12#10809

++++++

Hello,

I'm quite surprised to see an new invention that is a copy of our over 30 years old product...
You can find an old video on the Aquatron separator here:

Regards,
Daniel

++++++++++++++++

Dear Daniel,*

Thanks for your post. How did you find out about this forum?
I am looking forward to Thammarat's reply. Perhaps he never said that the hydrocyclone separator was his idea but perhaps the novel part is its new field of application? I am not sure. Is the hydrocyclone separator patented by your company?

I liked the video that you posted which shows how the flush toilets can be connected to a composting chamber with the help of this hydrocyclone principle which keeps most of the liquid out.

Could you please tell us:
  1. How many of these toilets has your company sold?
  2. For which applications are they mainly used and in which countries?
  3. How much does one of these toilets cost?
  4. How much maintenance costs should one expect?
  5. Is the compost dealt with by the toilet owner or are there also schemes for municipal collection of the compost?
Thanks.

Regards,
Elisabeth

* I think people sometimes don't know where I get the name of the person from: You just click on the user name above his photo, this takes you to the full name of the person who posted (when you are logged in).
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds