Forum navigation, is it easy or not - and have our recent improvements made things better?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum navigation, is it easy or not - and have our recent improvements made things better?

Forum navigation, is it easy or not - and have our recent improvements made things better? 25 Feb 2014 20:56 #7492

• tmsinnovation
  • CONTACT
  • I am one of the community managers of this forum and work at the GIZ. My background is in Management, Economics and Information Systems.
Hi All

As you hopefully have noticed we have made a few small changes in the forum yesterday and today, in an effort to improve user navigation in the forum - particularly for first-time forum users and newcomers:
  • We have added permanent labels under the category icons, so you know which icon leads to which category.
  • We added the category icons next to the individual threads in the Recent Posts panel (on the left of each thread). We hope that this allows you to get a quick visual overview of the category of each new post. This should make it easier to keep a close(r) eye on the category that you are particularly interested in, with a quick glance.
  • We have added blue "top" and "bottom" buttons at the end of each post to make it easier to jump up and down long discussion threads.

If you like or dislike some of these changes please reply to this post, and - as always - if you want further changes to help with navigation, please give us your suggestions as well by answering this post. We are particularly interested in small incremental improvements that are easy to program for our IT developer. So please do keep your suggestions coming.

Rgds
Trevor
Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA)
Secretariat
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany
Last Edit: 25 Feb 2014 21:37 by tmsinnovation.
The following user(s) like this post: JKMakowka

Re: Forum navigation, is it easy or not - and have our recent improvements made things better? 26 Feb 2014 06:40 #7497

• F H Mughal
  • CONTACT
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer
User of the Month
Mar 2014
Dear Trevor,

While the new changes are interesting, I do not quite like one aspect of the forum's mail. It goes like this:

When we get the forum's post/email in our inbox, and click on a heading, it leads to its link "BELOW" the post. When we click that link below, it opens up in a new window.

Would it be possible to delete the second step of going below the post, and instead, the link should open up, at its first click, directly in a new window, as is done in almost all the posts I get (WHO, UNEP, Circle of Blue, Pacific Institute, ADB, etc, etc.)

Rgds,

F H Mughal
F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds