2nd and 3rd Anniversary of SuSanA discussion forum! (2013 and 2014)

25.3k views

Page selection:
  • sjoerdnienhuys
  • Technical advisor on low-cost sanitation, worked for Aga Khan in the Himalayas, PUM in Asia,/Afica and Latin America, SNV in Nepal, DGIS in Latin America UNhabitat in Africa, and Waste /Gouda in India on ECO sanitation and biogas

Re: Happy 2 year birthday SuSanA Forum!!!!!

Happy birthday, and I hope that you can continue this forum.
I introduced various other organisations and persons to this forum, and they found it very useful. Especially these persons realised that with a little help/direction and further through self-search, one can obtain a lot of practical information from the Susana library and Internet. Susana helps a lot with focussing on key themes and presenting expert advice with keywords that help newcomers to further gain knowledge.
I feel that through Susana aspects such as UDDT, biogas and composting systems are gaining more awareness and will eventually lead to better sustainable toiletsystems.
Thanks.
Sjoerd from The Netherlands.
Pronounce: 'Sured'
Some of my work on: www.nienhuys.info
for correspondence: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation, tunio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • tmsinnovation
  • I manage the Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project) and previously coordinated the Climate-friendly sanitation services in peri-urban areas of Lusaka project in Zambia. My background is in Management, Economics and Information Systems.

Also a happy birthday from me to the SuSanA forum! :cheer:

Thank you for the suggestions, which we (secretariat) will take on board and see what we (SuSanA community) can manage in the next year.

The 8th July is the date that is deemed the Birthday as that was the day that the forum received its first post by a person outside of the developing team. And for a short trip down memory lane here is the link to the first post: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/3-sugg...-and-well-structured

Rgds
Trevor

Trevor Surridge
Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project)
Project Manager

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Shmeisani,
Amman
Jordan
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: tunio

• mwink

Dear SuSanA forum,

happy birthday from me, too! Wow, two years - it doesn't feel like being so long. The discussions pro and contra a forum are still very fresh in my mind. I am really happy that you didn't listen to my pessimistic view on starting "another forum" and simply did it. ;)
I really enjoy following the posts, am learning about new projects, other perspectives and view points and can easily follow interesting activities via this tool. Great!

I wish you all the best for the years to come and hope you continue to accompany my daily life. I know a lot of hard and daily work is done in the backend of the forum that it performs so well and smooth for its frontend users and I can just hope that a sustainable support can be guaranteed over time.

All the best to all of us as we are the SuSanA forum,
yours, Martina.
Research unit Water infrastructure and risk analyses
Institute for Social-Ecological Research (ISOE)
Frankfurt, Germany

winker[AT]isoe.de
www.isoe.de
www.saniresch.de
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth, tmsinnovation, tunio

• dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

It was a not a too short way from the idea of an "open" discussion forum to designing a fist concept and convincing all members to join our efforts and to support its use after its launch in Kigali.
It is impressive how the usage of this platform has increased rapidly after its launch showing that it we have filled in a real gap.

I am happy to see how this forum contributes to some of the main roles of SuSanA: providing a discussion and learning platform, sharing knowledge, and coordinate our efforts in understanding and promoting sustainable sanitation and a system approach.
It has become (together with the web platform of SuSanA and the there available collection of resources) a powerful tool in order to raise the profile of sustainable sanitation and to contribute to push the topic high up in the agenda of the sector.

I hope we can built up of these two successful 2 years and extend its usage for the future. Congratulations to the developer of this forum and the team moderating it on a daily basis, good work and big thank you!

Happy birthday!

Dorothee
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation

• madeleine
  • Sanitation is dignity and life. Through living and working 15 years in (Mozambique) where Cholera is endemic, the importance of sanitation became evident, furthermore it is clear that sanitation is more than an infrastructure

Happy Birthday SuSanA forum!
Two years back we launced the SuSanA forum at the AfricaSan Conference. I was not really aware of and could at that time not imagine what a powerful knowledge exchange platforum the SuSanA Forum would turn into! It is really very interesting to follow some of the discussions and see how new people enter the forum and get engaged.
Warmest congratulation to all of you out there in the cyberspace contributing with interesting content and knowledge and of caurse warmest congratulation to the proactive and dedicated team moderating and developing the forum.
Madeleine
Madeleine Fogde
Program Director SIANI
Senior Project Manager at SEI
Tel +46 (0)8 6747652
Fax + 46 (0)8 6747020
Cell + 46 737078576
SKYPE mfogde71811
Kräftriket 2B
SE-10691 Stockholm
www.siani.se
www.ecosanres.org
www.sei-international.org

• philfei

As one of the founders of the SuSanA Forum, it is a pleasure for me to see that the forum is still growing. There have been many doubts in the beginning, but the last 2 years are impressivly showing that SuSanA is on the right track with this "new" approach. I wish you all fruitful further discussions and:

Happy Birthday SuSanA Forum!!!
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH

• secretariat
    Topic Author
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Happy 2 year birthday SuSanA Forum!!!!!

File Attachment:

Happy birthday dear SuSanA forum, happy birthday to you!!! You're TWO years old and you've been great!!!

File Attachment:
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

The following user(s) like this post: jkeichholz, Elisabeth, tmsinnovation, Doreen, tunio

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds