Working Group 1 (capacity development): Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon 19-21 March - Example: article on capacity development

Page selection:
  • dhapolaa

Re: WG 1: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)!

I am interested in capacity bulding, should I start building
Worked with UNICEF India office as Sr. Drinking Water consultant and assisting role out of JJM and involve in preparing operational guidelines, GP Margdarshika, Plumbers Margdarshika also involved in guidelines of AMRUT, JNNURM & NMCG. Having demonstrative 34+ years’ experience of water resource program management of large investment in project formulation & designing, bilateral loan negotiations, DPR appraisals, design reviews, budget management & disbursements, procurement process, contract management, networking in the water supply, sewerage & fecal sludg management sector, stakeholder consultation & coordination, client management, public administration, monitoring & evaluation, midterm program review, engineering procurement, tendering, contract management (World Bank-funded projects) program re-engineering, sustainability risk assessment, water sector policy re-engineering process, Water & sanitation sector institutional capacity building and institutional framework re-engg.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • kocsy

Re: WG 1: Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day (19th/20th March)!

I am interested.
Dennis Ekwere

• sterennphilippe
    Topic Author
  • Work for CAWST, focused on developing educational tools to develop capacities in sanitation

Working Group 1 (capacity development): Take part in SuSanA's Wikipedia Edit-a-thon 19-21 March - Example: article on capacity development

Dear Members of SuSanA Working Group 1 (Capacity Development)!

Your expertise is needed!

SuSanA has announced an Edit-a-thon to commemorate World Water Day and to improve WASH-related Wikipedia articles. Educating the public is critical to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal Number 6 (SDG6): "Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all".

Therefore, this event is taking place:

What: World Water Day Wikipedia Edit-A-Thon
When: 19-20 March 2017
Where: Wherever you and your computer are.
Who: You can contribute solo, or work with a group of friends.
Why you? You are committed to achieving SDG6.
Why now? Achieving water and sanitation for all requires educating and informing all stakeholders. Wikipedia is the 5th most often visited website in the world.

Next steps for you:
1. Register your interest by replying in this thread and posting “Yes, I’m interested!” to this thread.
2. Look at the list of suggested articles to work on below, and provide your feedback or comments. Which article would you like to work on?
3. Have a look at what the other working groups will work on here: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/213-wo...clock-together#20524
4. Learn to edit Wikipedia articles by giving it a go (this page can get you started: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation ) and by viewing short videos which we will post here next week: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/213-wo...d-the-clock-together

What if I can’t make it on 19-20 March?
No problem. You can edit Wikipedia anytime. Please let us know what you’re working on. This effort is supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation grant to SuSanA . The project team wants to know how many SuSanA members contribute to the Edit-a-Thon.

What if I don’t have a reliable internet connection?
As an editor you can help in so many ways. Write new content. Improve existing content. Correct errors. Add images. Add references with links.

What if I have more questions?
Just ask. We want to make it easy for you.

Let’s pull together for SDG6! Please join this Edit-a-thon.

Kind regards,

Sterenn Philippe and Dorothee Sphuler
Working Group 1 leads

+++++++++++

Wikipedia articles that WG members could work on:

List of abbreviations used in sanitation
Failures of water supply and sanitation systems
Sustainable Development Goals
Capacity building
Knowledge Management

... Your ideas?
The following user(s) like this post: Doreen, kocsy

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds