2400 Solar-Dripper on their way to Uzbekistan for gardeners near the Aral Sea.

Page selection:
  • Robert74
    Topic Author
  • ORIAZ Solar-Dripper inventor + Urinette

Re: 2400 Solar-Dripper on their way to Uzbekistan for gardeners near the Aral Sea.

Hello Dean

The > 2mm resistance to clogging of the Solar-Dripper makes it possible to use any type of water or bio-fertilizer.

Rainwater, gray water, conventional fertilizers, compost tea, mycorrhizal inoculant, urine etc can be applied without causing clogging.

A simple decantation in a tank allows large deposits to agglomerate on the surface.

I mostly use diluted urine because it's a boon of simplicity and it contains 80 % of human nutrients + little or no pathogens ( and no odor when used within 1-2 days).

In Madagascar, Loowat successfully used the Solar-Dripper with a fertilizing liquid made from their sanitary process.

I tested the AURIN from VUNA.CH and the PITRIBON from ANECO can also be used easy.

But it is not a process that can be connected with tubing from a bottle to the other.

Each bottle is filled with water with some fertilizer to water a plant.

To control / remove biofilm I use a simple dish brush occasionnaly.

In the garden, the biofilm tends to peel off naturally as it dries.

Paradoxically the use of drinking water in the office has generated harder struvite deposits (easily removed with vinegar).

> So with the Solar-Dripper it's better not to filter the water and use "self-cleaning biofilms".

It avoids a costly step and maintenance of a filtration equipment essential for conventionnal drip irrigation ( 400 to 1000 €).

Robert Cossette
Robert Cossette

solar-dripper.com
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • goeco
  • Self employed innovator with an interest in wastewater treatment systems and recycling of nutrients

Re: 2400 Solar-Dripper on their way to Uzbekistan for gardeners near the Aral Sea.

Hello Robert, any potential for application as drippers for treated effluent? I'm thinking non-clog (especially bio-film) sounds really good, but for even water distribution, surface irrigation usually requires a pressure pump or dosage siphon. In this case, could the treated effluent trickle through a series of calibrated bottles, each overflowing into the next, thus evenly distributing the water through the series of drippers without the need for a bell siphon?

Do you need sun on it or is it the warmth which activates the dripper?
Dean Satchell, M For. Sc.
Vermifilter.com
www.vermifilter.com

• Robert74
    Topic Author
  • ORIAZ Solar-Dripper inventor + Urinette

2400 Solar-Dripper on their way to Uzbekistan for gardeners near the Aral Sea.

Here's good news for gardens that are a bit too dry near the Aral Sea.

As you know, this region suffers from a cruel lack of water following agricultural errors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aral_Sea

The NGO Water for Karakalpakstan has ordered 2400 ORIAZ Solar-Drippers as a water saving solution for family gardens.

I invite distributors, researchers, farmers, NGOs, to contact me to get this durable solution in their gardens this summer.

This will help me put the new ORIAZ URINETTE into production.

Cheers !

Robert Cossette

Oriaz Environnement, Annecy, France  +33 6 76 94 27 97

Online sales ( in french only for now ) for deliveires in europe and export : oriaz-environnement.sumupstore.com/

You can order ORIAZ Solar-Dripper at the farmers or humanitarian rate ( 400 units + ).

Here's why: solar-dripper.com/en/drip-irrigation-efficiency/     ORIAZ achieves up to 99% efficiency

This unique watering system without tubing or electricity tolerates particles in the water, biofilm and brackish water. 

ORIAZ is 10 to 100 more tolerant to clogging than conventional drippers:  filtration is not needed with over 2mm dia allowance.

It is this unique ability that motivated me to try fertilizing with urine 6 years ago.

3 tons of urine later I keep rejoicing over these successful experiences.

solar-dripper.com/en/how-to-use-urine-fertilizer/

Whether in France, Burkina Faso, Madagascar, Switzerland, Canada, Sweden or the USA, the results are convincing.

You have to try it and try your natural fertilizer.
Robert Cossette

solar-dripper.com
Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds