How are people collecting data on WASH access and COVID-19?

Page selection:
  • MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author
  • Human Rights PhD Student at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. Research focuses on the human to sanitation, data, demand,and ICTs.

Re: How are people collecting data on WASH access and COVID-19?

Hi Elisabeth,

Thanks for the follow-up questions. I suppose the answer is 'yes' to both of your questions. Overall, I am interested in trying to find out more information about any data  being collected that links WASH access and COVID-19. Also, how data pertaining to WASH is being collected and used in emergency situations in general, and how existing methodologies may have been adapted/changed during this pandemic.  

So really, it's a rather broad ask for anything relating to the title of the thread that people can think of that they feel is worth sharing. Ideally, I am hoping that perhaps some of the data and project management experts out there in the forum may be able to use this thread to share some good practices, examples and ideas.

Thanks again for the interest.

Best wishes,

Marcus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Marcus,
What exactly do you mean with "collecting data relating to WASH access and COVID-19". I am confused. Do you mean collecting data during the Covid-19 social distancing measures and lockdowns, or do you mean collecting data on COVID-19 infections and deaths?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: MarcusErridge

• MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author
  • Human Rights PhD Student at the University of Coimbra, Portugal. Research focuses on the human to sanitation, data, demand,and ICTs.

Thank you for the responses,

If anyone else has any good practices they can share, or any documentation and guidance material on collecting data relating to WASH access and COVID-19 and appropriate methodologies, please reply to this thread.

Many thanks,

Marcus Erridge

• paresh
  • Budding WASH researcher, especially interested in governance, public policy, finance, politics and social justice. Architect, Urban & Regional planner by training, Ex. C-WAS, India. I am a patient person :)

Dear Wurie, 
Can you please elaborate how pictures are used to collect the data?

I am curious as I am aware how they were used during the Kerala floods in 2018 to assess damage to buildings. The enumerators were trained to take pictures that would help experts make an initial assessment of the damage. With wide-spread availability of smart phones and rise of OS applications, I can imagine pictures and other forms of data including audios and videos being used for many purposes including verification. 

Thanks
paresh
Paresh Chhajed-Picha
Researcher at Indian Institute of Technology - Bombay, India
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Twitter: @Sparsh85
Wikipedia: Sparsh85

Co-moderator of this discussion forum

• nnetaid

Network AID uses pictures to attain data on the urge for water by people that needs it urgently.

The social distancing is not working when it comes to water fetching in slums and hilly community.

Private water companies had no pass to sell bundles of sachet water to these slums and hilly community.

Fixing water breakage pipes are difficult and not helping especially in the city.

Wurie Mamadu Tamba Barrie
Chief Country Coordinator
Network AID

• MarcusErridge
  • Topic Author

How are people collecting data on WASH access and COVID-19?

Hi all,

I expect you are all very busy right now in these unprecedented times. I am asking a general question regarding how organisations are gathering and sharing data relating to WASH access and COVID-19. Any insights and shared links would be welcome.

Thanks and best wishes,

Marcus Erridge

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds