FAQs about menstrual cups by WoMena (Uganda)

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: FAQs about menstrual cups by WoMena (Uganda)

That's good! Be bold, start editing. :-) but also be careful, only do little edits at first and save frequently. Stick to the style used in the article to date, do not insert opinions nor "how to" guides, and add reliable sources to any major statements or information you add. If in any doubts, you can also ask on the talk page. Each article has a talk page. See here for the talk page on menstrual cups: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Menstrual_cup

Another piece of advice: don't add too much new content in one day. Space it out over several days because that makes it easier for others who are watching the page to step in if the "style" of your new content is not conforming to Wikipedia style. Thanks in advance for contributing to Wikipedia!

Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • siri
    Topic Author

Ohh - sorry, now i see. Just click pencil. Sorry for being dense. Will do over weekend. And think it will be ver brief- its a good article

• siri
    Topic Author

Hi Elisabeth, have no spoke to my colleagues, and indeed one of them (Andisheh Jahangir) imediately volunteered to work with me. So if you are still interested, we are ready. What must we do?

• siri
    Topic Author

Hi Elisabeth,

sorry for my late response, and thank you so much for that invitation. It is very tempting.

I have no experience writing wiki articles (although clarly that inclination - an urge to get closer at the truth and sharing it). So I don't know how the whole thing works, and my capacity for learning new IT systems is low (surely related to age).

However, we have a WoMena Knowledge Management team, with lots of conscientious young colleagues. maybe one of them might be able to help. Let me get back to you after I have discussed with them in two days.

Best rewards,

Siri

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Hi Siri,
Those are interesting FAQs about menstrual cups that you have compiled.
You have these six questions (womena.dk/faqs/):

- Is there any connection between menstrual cups and infections?
- Do menstrual cups affect hymens/virginity?
- What are menstrual irregularities?
- Are Menstrual Cups (MCs) ‘culturally acceptable’ to Muslims?
- Does use of menstrual cups increase the risk of toxic shock syndrome (tss)?
- Can you use a menstrual cup (MC) when you are also using an Intra-Uterine Device (IUD)?

Is there any information in there that ought to be still added to the Wikipedia article on menstrual cups (using the same reliable sources that you used in your answers)? E.g. the aspects about cultural acceptability? If so, have you thought about carefully adding them to the Wikipedia article? I say carefully because you don't want to add a chunk of text and have it reverted if you are not complying with the Wikipedia guidelines. Careful would mean adding one sentence at a time (with reference).

The Wikipedia article gets about 1300 views per day so it's worthwhile to get it into good shape (tools.wmflabs.org/pageviews/?project=en....&pages=Menstrual_cup). You might be able to mention WoMena's work here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menstrual_cup#Developing_countries

I see a publications of yours from 2012 is already in the reference list:
Tellier M, Hyttel M, Gad M. Assessing acceptability and hygienic safety of menstrual cups as a menstrual management method for vulnerable young women in Uganda Red Cross Society’s Life Planning Skills Project, Kampala: WoMena, 2012.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• siri
    Topic Author

Recent research on menstrual cups needed

and here is our most recent FAQ - on infections womena.dk/faqs/

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds