Health and safety checklist for operators?

Page selection:
  • Samuel369

Re: Health and safety checklist for operators?

Hello rkaupp,

I read an article about workers' safety that emphasized the need to protect sanitation workers. It was saying that employers should provide more than just personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure the safety of these workers. It recommended implementing comprehensive safety protocols, offering financial protection, and encouraging vaccination. The Garima scheme booklet and NIOSH were suggested as resources for employers to follow in protecting essential workers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • elka
  • Agrónoma con especialidad en GIRH y MIC, trabajando como investigadora y coordinadora de proyectos más de 20 años en temas del agua principalmente las áreas rurales. Temas de especial interés son la gobernanza del agua, gestión local del agua y el territorio y las diversas formas y derechos de acceso al agua de riego y uso doméstico

Re: Health and safety checklist for operators?

Hello Remi
There is this document "safety protocols for Solid Waste Management" published by Aguatuya foundation, it is in spanish but may be useful. You can find it in this link: www.aguatuya.org/documento/82 

Regards
Elka
Elka Villarroel
SuSanA Latinoamerica Forum Moderator
AGUATUYA (SKAT Foundation financial support SIRWASH 2023)

Calle Nicolás Ortiz no. 33 (a media cuadra de la Av. Calampampa)
Tel (591) 4 424 2164 Casilla 6264
Cochabamba – Bolivia

Siguenos:
www.susana.org/en/mailinglist-latinoamerica
www.aguatuya.org
www.facebook.com/aguatuya

• rkaupp
    Topic Author
  • Rémi Kaupp Executive Director, Container-Based Sanitation Alliance

Re: Health & safety checklist for operators?

Hi Dorothee, thank you for sharing this.
It is very useful to see more detailed analyses of risks, though this is not what I am looking for directly; I am looking for actual procedures and systems in place that protect workers, from the operator perspective.
Of course such procedures and systems have to rely on these studies, so it's great to see this out there!
Thanks
Rémi
Rémi Kaupp
Executive Director, Container-Based Sanitation Alliance

• dorothee.spuhler
  • Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. Co-Lead of WG1

Re: Health & safety checklist for operators?

Hi Rémi
I found a paper from Uganda very useful:
podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/papersto...re-e11mfg1/a-a6p39s2
doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2021.117068
I am sure they have more, write me an email and I try to put you in contact with the right people.
Dorothee
WG1 Co-lead
Developing methods and tools to support strategic planning for sustainable sanitation. Particular interested in novel technologies contributing to more inclusive and circular sanitation. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• rkaupp
    Topic Author
  • Rémi Kaupp Executive Director, Container-Based Sanitation Alliance

Health and safety checklist for operators?

Hello,

I am a big fan of the Sanitation Workers project. I wanted to know if there are any known and public guides for sanitation operators (public or private) on how to protect their workers? Not just PPE but example procedures, schemes to protect employees financially, vaccines, etc.

For instance I know of the Garima scheme booklet with many examples (thanks Andrés for the suggestion). But otherwise many NSS guidelines focus on the systems to implement rather than the people delivering it.

Any good examples please?
Thank you
Rémi
Rémi Kaupp
Executive Director, Container-Based Sanitation Alliance
The following user(s) like this post: AjitSeshadri

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds