24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm on 26 August 2017 (with live streaming for remote participation)

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Join online in virtual room: 24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm on 26 August 2017 (with live streaming for remote participation)

If you have an hour to spare this Saturday, do join online for the SuSanA meeting this Saturday, 26 August. For the first time, those of us who are joining via the internet (including myself) have the opportunity to feel properly connected as we will be using a virtual room in Adobe Connect )as Doreen posted above, this is the link: seint.adobeconnect.com/sei/).

It's the same type of setup that we have SuSanA-SEI webinars. This means we - the online participants - can chat with each other during the meeting using the chat field and we can also ask questions (by typing). This I think will be more fun than just watching the streaming on youtube which was the only option we had in the past (and then ask questions on twitter which was cumbersome).

I hope to see a few of you online! Adobe Connect also works via mobile phones, you can install an App for that purpose (although the typing function is then a bit harder to use on a mobile phone).

Make sure you check the local time zones, the meeting is on all day Central European Time, starting on the livestream at 9:30 until 18:30. This means for people in Asia and further East from here (e.g. Australia) you could catch the meeting's morning sessions in your afternoon/evening. And for the people in the U.S. and South America you could atch the meeting's afternoon session during your morning. Even if you just come for an hour, I think you'll enjoy the experience! We can even chat with each other while we listen to the presentations, and not disturb anyone. :)

All the details about the meeting are here: www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

Here is the agenda: www.susana.org/files/24th-SuSanA-meeting-Final.pdf

Myself, I will try to catch as much as I can, in between some family duties like taking kids to soccer, making lunch and so on.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Doreen

Re: Save the date: 24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm on 26 August 2017 at SEI: PLEASE REGISTER!

Dear Everyone,

Kindly note that the live stream link for the SuSanA meeting is now available! We have two options. Adobe Connect and You tube. For Adobe Connect, no password is required.

Most of the people will be in the Adobe Connect room and here you can communicate with each other, ask questions and the link will consistently be monitored by the team during the SuSanA meeting: seint.adobeconnect.com/sei/

Incase you are unable to join via Adobe Connect, the Youtube link is also available. See below.

Share:

Embed: <iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

We look forward to having all of you on board!

Best regards,

Doreen (on behalf of the Secretariat)
Doreen Mbalo

GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: Save the date: 24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm on 26 August 2017 at SEI: PLEASE REGISTER!

Dear All,

SuSanA events flyer for the upcoming World Water Week 2017 is now available. It contains information on the events co-convened by SuSanA and events to be held by SuSanA partners.

Further information about the 24th SuSanA meeting to be held on 26 August 2017 can be found here: www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

Regards
Aloka
(on behalf of SuSanA Secretariat)
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Doreen

Dear Elisabeth,

Many thanks for your comments on the SuSanA meeting.

Yes the day is presentation heavy however we have informed the chairs to ensure that the 15 minutes is inclusive of Q&A. Otherwise it would be death by powerpoint :-) That way after each slot, people have a chance to ask questions. If we push the questions to the end of the session, then they could be forgotten or the time left might not be enough.

Regarding the topics, yes it will be key for us to ensure that the sessions are linked with SuSanA so your bullet points are a very good idea.
This year we got overwhelming response from different partners who wanted to present during the meeting. As much as we would have liked to include them all, we ensured that the focus of the meeting is in line with the Stockholm WWWeek theme (Reduce and Reuse) and Scaling up sanitation still remains at the forefront.

This year, we decided to have WASH in Institutions and Gender primarily because of upcoming projects focussing on these themes and also it was high time we put some focus on this WG. As you may have noticed, the session topics vary from SuSanA meeting to SuSanA meeting and WG 7 was due to be focused. The SuSanA regional chapters are still relatively new and we wanted to put more focus on them to learn about their progress, shortcoming and the way forward.
That is in a nutshell how we planned the upcoming SuSanA meeting.

Thanks and best regards,

Doreen
Doreen Mbalo

E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

(writing this as an interested SuSanA member, not in my role as moderator)

Hi Doreen,

I just looked at the agenda for the upcoming SuSanA meeting on 26 Aug which I plan to attend via the live streaming:
www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

Or direct link to the agenda:
www.susana.org/files/24th-meeting-agenda-final.pdf

I have just two small questions:

(1)
The day seems to be very "presentation heavy". Most of the sessions have 15 minutes per presenter and then no dedicated discussion time slot. Death by powerpoint? :ohmy: Or perhaps you have already instructed the chairs and the presenters that each presentation should only be 8 minutes long, leaving 7 minutes for question and discussion? I think that would be better. It is usually through the question and answer session that the interesting parts come out.

(2)
For some of the presentations I don't see the direct connection to what SuSanA does, or how SuSanA works. For some it is clear but for some not so clear. It then looks more like a mini conference on interesting topics rather than a "SuSanA meeting" showcasing what SuSanA partners and members can achieve together and how. For example some of the ones in Session 2 and 3 like "Zambia’s experience on integrating climate change in urban sanitation planning" or "Dealing with the madness - disrupting the sanitation value chain". I am sure they are very interesting topics but their relationship with SuSanA as a network is not immediately clear . Therefore, perhaps the presenters could be asked to make the link to SuSanA in their presentation, e.g. highlighting:
- how can the SuSanA platform be used to bring this topic forward?
- what options do SuSanA members have to get involved?
- how could SuSanA tools be used to disseminate information about this topic?

Would that be a good idea?

In the past we have also had some SuSanA meetings where we factored in more time to ponder over the organizational setup of SuSanA and its future. Perhaps this kind of approach was abandoned as we found that we get a lot of "new" people at SuSanA meetings who might not be so interesting in the inner workings of SuSanA but more about the sanitation topics.

Either way, perhaps you could share a little bit here on the process and thinking that goes on behind the scenes to put the agenda for a SuSanA meeting together. It might also be helpful for others who might wonder "what do I have to do to be chosen to present at a SuSanA meeting in future?". Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: Doreen, cecile

• Doreen

Dear All,

The upcoming 24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm on the 26th of August 2017 at SEI, in conjunction with the Stockholm World Water Week 2017. This meeting will lay emphasis on the following topics within the sessions.

• Session 1: Introduction and overview of recent developments (Agenda 2030 and SDGs)
• Session 2: Scaling Up Sanitation
• Session 3: Water and Waste: Reduce and Reuse (Theme of SWWW 2017)
• Session 4: WASH in Institutions and Gender
• Session 5: SuSanA Regional Chapters
• Session 6: Wrap Up and Outlook

We look forward to seeing many of you at the meeting.
The following WG group meetings will also take place in Stockholm.

- WG 1: 29th August, Tuesday, 10:30- 12:30
- WG2: 28th August, Monday, 15:30- 17:30 Venue: Freys hotel
- WG7 & 10 joint meeting: 31st August, Thursday, 16:00 -18:00, Venue: Hotel Elite Adlon
- WG8: 30th August, Wednesday, 11:00 -12:30 Venue: Scandic Klara
. WG12: 29th August, Tuesday, 9:00-10:30 Venue: Hotel Elite Adlon

Kindly let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you all there!

Many thanks and best regards,

Doreen

(on behalf of the Secretariat)
Doreen Mbalo

• annetempel
    Topic Author
  • I work for GIZ's sustainable sanitation programme

Re: Save the date: 24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm on 26 August 2017

Dear all,

as the 24th SuSanA meeting and Stockholm World Water Week are drawing closer, I am happy to share the meeting page with you: www.susana.org/en/events/susana-meetings...na-meeting-stockholm

The page provides an overview of all SuSanA related events in the context of the Stockholm World Water Week. SuSanA will also have an exhibition booth. Please contact us in case you want to display your information materials at the SuSanA booth.

Registration for the 24th SuSanA meeting and accompanying SuSanA WG Meetings will open soon. We will keep you updated!

Best regards,
Anne (on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat)
Division for Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

The following user(s) like this post: cecile

• annetempel
    Topic Author
  • I work for GIZ's sustainable sanitation programme

Save the date: 24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm on 26 August 2017

Dear all,

with the impressions from the 23rd SuSanA meeting in Chennai still in mind, the planning for the next meeting are already under way.

The 24th SuSanA meeting will take place in Stockholm, Sweden on Saturday 26 August 2017 prior to the Stockholm World Water Week.
It is organised by the SuSanA Secretariat together with SEI and will take place in the beautiful offices of SEI.

We intend to have a live stream of the meeting for the members of the SuSanA community who are unable to attend.

More details will follow soon here in this thread and in the events section!

Warm regards,
Anne, on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat
Division for Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds