Remember 2008 was the International Year of Sanitation - what came out of it? Help needed for Wikipedia article

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Remember 2008 was the International Year of Sanitation - what came out of it? Help needed for Wikipedia article

Hi,

I recently came across the Wikipedia article on the International Year of Sanitation in 2008:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Year_of_Sanitation

I have made some small improvements to it, like adding the link to SuSanA.

I would like to write something about the importance of that UN year, as I really feel that it has helped us in the sector a lot. I vaguely recall seeing this kind of information written up already by others (like when I worked at GIZ).

Does someone have this kind of information at their fingertips? I.e. how the International Year of Sanitation (IYS) was good for advocacy of sanitation and how it has helped to speed up progress?

Perhaps someone can even add some more in the history about the IYS, i.e. who lobbied for it and how did it come about (with references ideally). I think Uschi Eid was involved and Christine Werner and GIZ and SEI, or?

The page is not getting so many views (about 16 per day) but we are linking to it from other pages, so I think it would be useful to have some good, solid information there, if possible.

Greetings,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds