Request for Quotation Suppliers of FS Transfer Stations (Netherlands Red Cross is looking for suppliers)

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Request for Quotation Suppliers of FS Transfer Stations

Hi Jan,
that's an interesting website that you linked to (I wasn't aware of its existence). But I couldn't find there anything about faecal sludge transfer stations?
I then looked in the report that Max posted and found this information:

The Netherlands Red Cross joined the consortium that worked together in the first phase of the
Emergency Sanitation Project with the principle aim to work on transfer stations for faecal
sludge. A survey of main stakeholders led to the creation of a list of functional requirements and
then a request for tender for transfer stations was made. The call resulted in the selection and
development of a steel tank and a modified bladder
. Design sessions were organised to ensure
good understanding of the design criteria and possible solution to optimize the final design.

Oh wait, now I realised that in the website you used a different term than "transfer station". It's called metal tank:
emergencysanitationproject.files.wordpre...-metal-reservoir.pdf

This corrugated metal storage tank (dimensions D: 2,68m x H: 2,35m, 14m3) has been designed to
be rapidly deployable and offer semi-permanent options for sludge storage in areas were no sludge
storage is rapidly available. The reservoir can provide storage of sludge in areas where no final
disposal site is yet available or can be used as transfer station near high density areas were only
small devices can empty and transport sludge

and reservoir bladder:
emergencysanitationproject.files.wordpre...servoir-bladderl.pdf

The faecal sludge bladder with a capacity of
5m3 was designed and developed as a rapid
deployable but temporary sludge storage. It can
be used as transfer station in places were large
vacuum trucks are not readily available or have
limited access. Bladders can also be used as
longer term storage until solution for treatment
and final disposal can be found. As faecal
sludge is often mixed with solids a manhole was
fitted on the bladder to facilitate emptying and cleaning.

Your website is full of useful, practical information! I wonder if we should also include the factsheets and manuals in the SuSanA library (I think so, if we want it to be a one-stop shop).

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: samshancn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

The Final Narrative Report of phase 2 of the Emergency Sanitation Project (ESP2) can also be found in the SuSanA library now: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resource...library/details/3711

Posted by Maximilian
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

• janheeger

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Does anyone know what came out of this project? (I was just looking up threads on transfer stations and came across this one)
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• hesselschuurman
  • Topic Author

Request for Quotation Suppliers of FS Transfer Stations

The Netherlands Red Cross is looking for suppliers that can develop, supply and pilot innovative FS transfer stations. This RFQ is part of the Emergency Sanitation Project phase 2 with IFRC, Oxfam UK and WASTE. The deadline for submitting the supplier quotations is 19 May 2017.

Interested parties can contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for the RFQ documents.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds