Behavior Evaluation of Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands for Treatment of Domestic Sewage and Septic Tank Sludge (PhD Thesis, Brazil)

Page selection:
  • eliasmanjate
    Topic Author
  • Professor and Researcher at Eduardo Mondlane University. Maputo-Mozambique

Behavior Evaluation of Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands for Treatment of Domestic Sewage and Septic Tank Sludge (PhD Thesis, Brazil)

My name is Elias Sete Manjate, I am PhD researcher at the Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG) in Belo Horizonte-Brazil. My research is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation under the framework of Sanitation for the Urban Poor project (Stimulating Local Innovation on Sanitation for the Urban Poor in Sub-Saharan Africa and South-East Asia). My University web page is www.ufmg.br/

Bellow I present the topic of my research, find pdf attached for more details

Title: Behavior Evaluation of Vertical Flow Constructed Wetlands for Treatment of Domestic Sewage and Septic Tank Sludge

General Objective
Evaluate the performance and behavior of vertical flow constructed wetlands for treating domestic wastewater and sludge from a septic tank.

The vertical flow constructed wetlands units are using an adaptation of French System:
a)Consist of three units in parallel
b)Two units treating domestic wastewater
c)One unit treating septic tank sludge

See attachments for details
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Elias Manjate belongs a group of PhD students funded by a grand of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Unesco-IHE

forum.susana.org/forum/categories/97-ena...n-africa-and-se-asia

++++++++++
Note by moderator (EvM): please see attached presentation from the recent IWA Nairobi conference by E. Manjate, L. C. O. Lana, D. C. Moraes, G. R. Vasconcelos, G. R. M. Maciel, M. von Sperling - which I think Elias meant to attach to his post.
Mr. Elias sete Manjate hold BSc, Honours degree in Forestry Engineering at the Eduardo Modlane Universty, Maputo-Mozambique. MSc degree in Environmental and Forestry Sciences at the Federal University of Amazonas, Manaus-Brazil.
PhD in Sanitation, Environmental and Water Resources at the Federal University of Minas Gerais. Belo Horizonte-Brazil and he is a Lecturer at the Eduardo Mondlane University, Faculty of Education in Maputo-Mozambique.
www.uem.mz
www.facebook.com/eliassetemanjate.manjate
Cell: + 258 820568260

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds