Introduction and Various Designs for urine diversion mobile toilets by Amos Bender (Ohio, USA)

20.3k views

Page selection:
  • Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

Re: Sanitation Possibilites

Hello Forum Friends,

I realize the below almost seems to good to be true. But it certainly works in tests we have done.

wwww.ShareTheMoslet.com gives numerous links with more information.

Thank You
Amos Bender

Amish background. Natural born questioner, researcher, and developer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

Re: The Moslet, mobile urine diversion dry toilet (Health Sanitation Systems, USA)

Hello Friends,

Although this video at first might not seem important, the system it reveals may have potential to instigate a LIFE SAVING CHANGING sanitation revival in third world countries. The Moslet (toilet system) is shockingly effective, inexpensive, convenient, and sustainable. This video not only pertains to the Moslet (toilet), but to the key sanitation principles which it incorporates.

The Moslet, in a very efficient and convenient manner, simply follows the sanitation teachings of famous Moses, and the results have been incredible! The Moslet's uniqueness is self evident, while years of actual use have established the phenomenal results. This link shares vital details and possibilities of the Moslet, as well as difficulties I encountered in the Moslet project; dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16411607/SanProjDiff.pdf . With six years of intense effort I (Amos Bender) developed the Moslet in response to Google's noble request for ideas that would help the most people.

This link gives an encouraging plan for massively and meaningfully implementing the Moslet; dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16411607/MassDistrPlanRotary.pdf . Thanks for reading, while I hope many good people, because of a mutual desire to benefit humanity will share this video and make the world very aware of the Moslet!

Kind Regards
Amos Bender
Proprietor HSS
Health Sanitation Systems

• Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

Re: Introduction and Various Designs

Hello JKMakowka,

Thanks very much for your input. I believe it could be made out of plastic or metals. Yes the little handle I show in my last diagram would need be make quite thick and wide if made of plastic to not break.

I am working a little at a plastic injection molding place largely to learn about injection molding. Yes it needs to be designed to correspond with molding procedures, and I wish I knew more about it.

In some situations the gate may work well to use this basin as an anal washing basin, but in urine fertilizer situations I think it likely would be unwise to contaminate the urine with such water.

I get lots of ideas and since your reply was thinking that possibly for anal washing the gate could simply be tipped up on the front as it could then drain the water the opposite direction and into another liquid drain in the back. As such the gate would have THREE positions, being open for defecating, tipped up in the front for anal washing, and while the normal position is simply closed for sanitation and urinating.

I might draw something up as such, and especially so if you think it might be practical. I am not very familiar with squat pans and anal washing traditions.

Thanks again
Amos

• JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Hmm, what type of material do you want to make this out? If plastics you should look into shape-limitations of rotation or injection molding (the cheap mass producing plastic molding types) right from the beginning when designing it.

I also think that the current design (if made out of plastic) is not sturdy enough.

A strong positive point of the design is probably that it could be usable for anal-washers, even though diluting the urine with feces contaminated washing water is not ideal. However compared to the alternative of having a separate anal-washing basin it might be the highly user preferred version.
Edit: for anal-washers the handle definitely needs to be on the left side, as Muslims try to touch as little as possible with their right hand during defecation (and in turn never eat with their left hand, which is used for anal cleansing).
The following user(s) like this post: Amos

• Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

Hello Hello JKMakowka,

Thanks again for your interest and input. Appreciate it. I believe it is getting better and even more simple. See below diagram.

• Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

Hello JKMakowka,

Glad you brought that issue up. It is an important issue. Below is a slightly changed model. It has a slightly raised front, and has the handle moved off to the one side and ahead a little. Thanks again.

Blessings

• JKMakowka

Make it easy to operate it with a foot?
The following user(s) like this post: Amos

• Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

Hello JKMakowka,

Thanks for your interest. I see your concern. The handle to open it could be further ahead, or could be turned around and possibly on the back side of the pan and back a bit. Another thing I thought of the other day was to have a little riser on the front of the pan a bit higher than the handle to help guard it. Again thanks for your interest and possibly you have an idea.

Blessings
Amos Bender

• JKMakowka

The gate seems like a nice solution, but currently the handle to move the gate is right in the urine "splash" area thus probably making people unwilling to touch it quite quickly.

• Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

Sorry for not being clearer. Actually that is the intention of the gate. It is intended to be peed on. The gate always stays down and inside the floor pan and simply gets slid back and forth to open and close the gate. It both blocks the feces area and increases the urine interception. :) We have been using stools with gates as this for over a year. It blocks odor and the unsightly while also keeping the feces bin dryer. Thanks for your interest.

• christoph
  • Sanitary engineer with base in Brazil and Peru, doing consultancy in other countries of LA

Hi,
in my opinion it has to be re-thought,
you would pee on the gate :(

Christoph

• Amos
    Topic Author
  • Simple Solution Seeker

Hello SuSan Readers,

I wanted to share a design that I was thinking about (and created with Google Sketchup) which I thought might be good for squat toilets. You would only open the gate for defecating, while at all other times the gate would both block the solid waste area as well as increase urine diversion. The open and close lever could be attached to the back side of the gate if desired. Your comments or suggestions are very welcome.

Blessings
Amos

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds