Short Interview for Handwashing & Hygiene Promotion Dissertation (within Refugee camps, IDP camps and post-disaster settings)

Page selection:
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: Short Interview for Handwashing & Hygiene Promotion Dissertation

I am currently working with the Red Cross in the world's largest refugee settlements in northern Uganda as part of a WASH project, so I guess I could be a suitable candidate to answer your questions.

But I agree that 30-60 minutes is quite long and it will also be a bit difficult to find time for such outside the late evening hours. Besides that the internet connection here is also a bit unstable and Skype might not work most of the time.

How about creating a survey like Elisabeth is suggesting, or alternatively create a set of questions that can be answered by email? I guess the latter might be a bit better in your case, as you might not be able to create perfect survey questions and with email you can more easily asks some followup questions or clarifications.
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Short Interview for Handwashing & Hygiene Promotion Dissertation

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the Forum! Good luck with your research work!

30-60 minutes is actually really long so I doubt you'd find many volunteering experts in this way.
How about rather devising a survey using Google Forms? People might be more willing to take part in a survey than have a one on one interview with you.

Key documents on emergency sanitation are here:
forum.susana.org/component/kunena/67-cha...ns-resilience-issues

Key documents on handwashing are here:
forum.susana.org/component/kunena/23-hyg...gory-on-hand-washing

Good luck and do let us know how you get on and what you find out.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• RobinLoo
  • Topic Author

Short Interview for Handwashing & Hygiene Promotion Dissertation (within Refugee camps, IDP camps and post-disaster settings)

Hello Everyone,

I am an undergraduate at the University of Manchester and I am currently looking for interviewees for my dissertation research project. I am looking into the importance of handwashing and hygiene promotion specifically in emergency settings.

If you have had experience in Emergency WASH provision, Handwashing behaviour or Hygiene promotion, please do get in touch!

The interview would be a Skype interview between 30-60 minutes (so not too long!) discussing issues of hygiene and more specifically handwashing within Refugee camps, IDP camps and post-disaster settings.

ANY additional help, such as key publications on the issue or if you know of anyone else who could aid me would be amazing and greatly appreciated!

If you would be happy to be part of my research, please do not hesitate to contact me at:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks!
- Robin

p.s. I have attached an information sheet with more details

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds