Funding for doctoral research in Faecal Sludge Management - Department of Environmental health Sciences at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria

Page selection:
  • ooaluko
    Topic Author
  • To contribute towards poverty reduction in my environment through WASH programme implementation

Funding for doctoral research in Faecal Sludge Management - Department of Environmental health Sciences at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria

Dear All,

Season greetings.

I am a doctoral students at the Department of Environmental health Sciences at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria and an academic staff in the Department of Community Health at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria.

I have developed a research proposal, which has been approved by my Department of study and have obtained ethical approval and State approval for the study on "Household sanitation and Faecal sludge management in Osun State with four cardinal phases.

Phase 1: Qualitative interviews with policy level stakeholders (KII), septic sludge emptiers (KII) and house owners (FGD)

Phase 2: Household survey based on themes identified in the first phase of the study

Phase 3: Co composting of dewatered sludge with municipal solid waste (various mixing ratio aimed at getting optimum) and favourable conditions, possible with fabrication of equipment

Phase 4: treatment of effluent from septic sludge dewatering system by constructed wetlands

I therefore realised I do not have adequate resources to finance the doctoral research and need help.

Olufemi Aluko
Department of Communiry Health
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile Ife, Nigeria.
Femi Aluko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds