Looking for Experts to Inform an IDB Study on Water and Sanitation as a Business in Latin America/Caribbean

Page selection:
  • clint
  • User is blocked
  • The Rain Man - El Hombre de La Lluvia

Re: Looking for Experts to Inform an IDB Study on Water and Sanitation as a Business in Latin America/Caribbean

Dear David,

Thank you for your reply and interest in the private industry addressing water and sanitation issues.

For your information I will be in Costa Rica during June and July installing laundry ozone treatment and wash water recycling technologies at the Costa Verde Hotel at Manual Antonio.

If you are in Costa Rica this summer I would enjoy meeting with you and discussing potential decentralized technologies that addresses wastewater treatment onsite, thereby reducing transportation of untreated human resources and the costs and dangers associated with risks during transportation.

You can potentially reach me at the Costa Verde Inn in Escazu and/or the Costa Verde Hotel in Manual Antonio or by email anytime that is convenient with you.

Sincerely,

Clint

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • dsparkman
  • Topic Author

Re: Looking for Experts to Inform an IDB Study on Water and Sanitation as a Business in Latin America/Caribbean

Dear Kai and Clint,

Thank you so much for the information and the links to different organizations--I'll look into those more as they seem to be quite relevant and potentially have an interesting perspective to share.

all the best,
David

• clint
  • User is blocked
  • The Rain Man - El Hombre de La Lluvia

Dear Mr. Sparkman,

The Human Endeavors Company, that has been in the decentralized onsite separation, treatment and recycling business for over 45 years would appreciate you taking the time to view this video.

Our technologies convert toilet and organic resources into profitable agricultural soil amendments and the business is supported with profits from the sales of the fertilizer and the monitoring and maintenance performed on the systems.

The monitoring is via the internet and the rate is based upon the amount of water treated and recycled.

The Human Endeavors Company is moving to Costa Rica in 2016 and looks forward to volunteering for your study.

I am inserting a draft article with pictures on plumbing separation, which can provide reverse osmosis concentrate water to all of the toilets and the remaining permeate RO water to every other plumbing fixture in the residence without losing a drop of water.

Sincerely,

Clint Elston
Founder

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

• KaiMikkel
  • Toilet Activist

OK, I'll bite. I encourage you to get in touch with the following groups:

Mexico

Rainwater Harvesting, Onsite Greywater - islaurbana.org/
Rainwater Harvesting, Water Testing, Filter Manufacturing - caminosdeagua.org/
Resilient Sanitation, Rainwater Harvesting, Onsite Greywater Systems - sarar-t.org/

Peru

Resilient Sanitation - xrunner-venture.com/

Bolivia

Resilient Sanitation, Onsite Greywater Systems - www.sumaj.org/

Haiti

Resilient Sanitation - www.oursoil.org/
Kai Mikkel Førlie

Founding Member of Water-Wise Vermont (formerly Vermonters Against Toxic Sludge)
The following user(s) like this post: dsparkman

• dsparkman
  • Topic Author

Looking for Experts to Inform an IDB Study on Water and Sanitation as a Business in Latin America/Caribbean

Hello,
The IDB is currently supporting a study on water and sanitation as a business in Latin America, with a focus on identifying the gap in service coverage, understanding ways in which the private sector could potentially support or address this gap, and how the public sector and government can best enable this process. As part of this study, we're interested in speaking with experts in this field who have experience supporting water and sanitation businesses in Latin America or the Caribbean, to better understand overarching lessons learned and best practices, as well as recommendations for the sector going forward. If anyone knows of any potential examples and/or contacts with experience in this area who might be available for a brief interview, whether development practitioners or (ideally) businesses or other key local actors themselves, please let us know. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or contacts anyone can provide, I've attached the general TOR as a reference. all the best, David

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds