Photo request to support DefeatDD's fall campaign

Page selection:
  • Hope
    Topic Author

Photo request to support DefeatDD's fall campaign

Dear Friends,

I hope this finds you well! I’m writing because DefeatDD has an exciting new fall campaign this year, but in order for it to work, we need some assistance from partners (like you!) around the world.

First, some context: This year’s annual October campaign will be... (drum roll, please…) a photo caption contest! Participants on social media will compete for their caption to be featured in our 2016 calendar. But this year, our photos won’t center on toilets from around the world (although those may have a supporting role). This year, we’re following a Traveling Poo on his global journey to seek self-awareness (and maybe a little silliness along the way). This is essentially DefeatDD’s take on Flat Stanley.

But before we can conduct our photo caption contest in October, we need high-quality photos of the traveling poo’s journey to be featured in our calendar – and that’s where you come in! To make the poo’s travels truly global, we need photographs of the poo touring places close to your part of the world, be they famous landmarks, regional landscapes, scenes from everyday urban or rural life, or research institutions.

The poo is on a journey to discover his place in the world. He’s a natural part of life, yet taboo; the source of some serious global problems but also potentially valuable. Your photos will serve as inspiration for participants’ provocative, humorous, or educational captions. We’ll choose the twelve photos that create the best collection for the calendar, ensure proper photo attribution, and shower you with lots of love and gratitude on social media. And don’t worry – you’ll be able to submit captions for your photos and others, too!

Simply print and cut out a color version of one of our many poo emoji options attached and photograph one of our traveling poos as many places as you’d like. We have an emoji option for every mood that may strike our Traveling Poo, so please feel free to be creative! I’ve attached a few of my own photos to help get you inspired. 

We recommend printing the emoji(s) on 8 ½ x 11 paper and request that photos be at least 300 dpi. If possible, we’d love to get your submissions by September 14th so we have time to prepare the photos for the caption contest in October. Just send them directly to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Please drop me a line if you would like to chat more about the concept or run some ideas by me. I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks,
Hope

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Hope Randall
Digital Communications Officer
PATH
Address: 455 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20001 USA
Tel: 202-822-0033
Web: www.defeatDD.org
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This message has attachments files.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds