Ecological sanitation for the base of the pyramid - Closing the loop between sanitation and agriculture, using lactic fermentation (WAND Foundation, the Philippines)

21.5k views

Page selection:
  • robhughes
  • Working on innovative approaches to sanitation, particularly in challenging environments in SE Asia and the Pacific

Re: SaniFert

Hi Elmer, we’re very interested in your ideas and progress on this, as it is certainly needed and we are also looking at this problem. It will be great to have clear guidance on appropriate processes that can be applied in many contexts, as well as to different treatments eg composting/alkaline/biodigested approaches.
Rob
Rob Hughes,
WASH Manager,
Live & Learn Environmental Education
The following user(s) like this post: RowanBarber

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elmersayre
    Topic Author
  • I am an avid sanitation promoter, gardener, small-time farmer and local educator

SaniFert (Philippines)

By mixing lactic acid bacteria, indigenous micro-organisms, charcoal, sawdust, rice hull, banana peel, feces and urine and other organic materials, I am trying to develop high-grade, sanitary, organic fertilizer much superior to other formulations and at the same time providing market to feces and urine. I observed that most dry toilet proponents are at a loss what to do with the collected human waste, ending-up polluting the environment instead of closing the loop between sanitation and food production….
Elmer Sayre
Water, Agroforestry, Nutrition and Development Fdn.
Libertad, Misamis Oriental
9021 Philippines
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds