USAID's scheme DIV (Development Innovations Ventures) is still accepting proposals from the WASH sector

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

USAID's scheme DIV (Development Innovations Ventures) is still accepting proposals from the WASH sector

I was recently e-mailing with Minhchau Dinh (WASH Portfolio Manager at USAID) about their DIV (Development Innovations Ventures) funding scheme and found out that:

Funding is still available. We accept applications every single day of the year, and happy to receive more application from the WASH sector.

So I thought I should bring this to everyone's attention.

This page explains how to apply:
www.usaid.gov/div/apply/how-to

And this page shows current and past projects that were funded under this DIV scheme:
www.usaid.gov/div/portfolio

ABOUT DIV (www.usaid.gov/div/about)

Development Innovation Ventures
DIV holds a year-round grant competition for innovative ideas, pilots and tests them using cutting-edge analytical methods, and scales solutions that demonstrate widespread impact and cost-effectiveness.

DIV’s tiered-funding model, inspired by the venture capital experience, invests comparatively small amounts in relatively unproven concepts, and continues to support only those that prove they work. Visit the DIV portfolio to see the evidence-gathering and scale-up activities of DIV winners around around the world.

It's a 17 Million USD scheme and DIV still has a WASH funding window to this date. Back in 2011, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation contributed 8.7 Million USD to this grant scheme in a collaboration agreement between USAID and the BMGF (see here: see here: www.gatesfoundation.org/How-We-Work/Quic...s/2011/06/OPP1029829).
The purpose of the collaboration was to support a collaboration with USAID to support the identification, testing, and sustained uptake of evidence-based approaches to delivering water, sanitation and hygiene services to the poor.

Over the next few weeks, starting today, I am also going to introduce and highlight on the forum some of the projects that they have funded, so that we can discuss them a bit further and learn from them.

Here are the links to those that have been introduced on the forum so far: Older projects:
Field evaluation of an affordable, effective on-site sanitation system - Testing the "Tiger Toilet" (2013-2015)
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: jonpar, Shawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds