Assignment: The necessity to link WaSH, Health and Nutrition Programs despite lack of evidence

Page selection:
  • Kristin
    Topic Author

Assignment: The necessity to link WaSH, Health and Nutrition Programs despite lack of evidence

Dear all,

my teacher Mariska Ronteltap strongly encouraged me to share an assignment, which I prepared for my UNESCO IHE Ecological Sanitation online course.
The assignment is summarizing some facts about the interlink of poor sanitation and undernutrition and reviews a paper which is questioning the performance of sanitation/hygiene intervention studies and their outcomes on diarrhoea or undernutrition (such as case-control studies and randomized control trials).

The documents I used for the paper are given in the references.

I hope you enjoy reading the document and it gives you some food for thoughts, especially when participating at the upcoming Bonn WASH&Nutrition conference.

One question which arose during my exam with Mariska was, how the Nexus of WASH & Nutrition can be implemented in the future? Who should be involved, who is responsible? You may have some answers to that question?
We clearly need some more clarities from the Science on how the diseases such as environmental enteropathy or diarrhea modify the gut or increase a dysfunction of the gut.

Best regards,
Kristin Seeber

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds