Harsh critic on "Please send me your ideas on WG..."

Page selection:
  • AquaVerde
    Topic Author
  • "simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity

Re: Harsh critic on "Please send me your ideas on WG..."

Thanks Rahul!
I will do so... and I hope so others tooooo.
All the Best
Detlef
www.aqua-verde.de
"simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity
Low-Tech Solutions with High-Tech Effects
"Inspired by Circular Economy and Cooperation"
www.flickr.com/photos/aqua-verde/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • rahulingle

Re: Harsh critic on "Please send me your ideas on WG..."

Dear Detlef,

Thanks for bringing up this very valid critic and I agree there has been very little communication back to the groups. I will try to briefly explain the process that took place.

In July the Think tank of core group agreed that study needs to be made on the existing status of the working group to evaluate if they are still relevant, is it worthwhile to continue with them or not and if we continue what are the tasks they are interested in. considering there was less than a month available to conduct this study, Thilo Panzerbieter who conducted this study contacted the WG leads who inturn communicated with the members to gather topics of interest. Unfortunately due to time constraints there were only 2 days available for this activity. Therefore the idea was not to debate the topics in depth but to get an idea on what personal interests people have.

The feedback from the group(very little) was then communicated to Thilo which was later presented in the meeting in Stockholm. The meeting was telecasted live through webstream and was attended by 87 online viewers who participated in the discussions through twitter.

The feedback of the this session is under preparation and will be soon emailed to all. Also the working groups that organised working group meetings took up these topic and discussed them further. The members will soon receive the minutes of these meetings from their respective WG leads.

But I also agree discussion on topics for WG can take place here on the forum. So feel free to drive the discussion and do not wait for the WG leads to initiate it. Many a times the WG leads are not active on the forum.

best regards

Rahul

Note by moderator (EvM): the recording of the entire SuSanA meeting is available here: www.susana.org/lang-en/meetings/17th-susana-meeting-stockholm (scrol down to half way of the page)
Best regards,

Rahul Ingle

• AquaVerde
    Topic Author
  • "simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity

Harsh critic on "Please send me your ideas on WG..."

Dear WG-leaders,

In preparation of 17th SuSanA Meeting in Stockholm some of you send by E-Mail to some of us (members and users) requesting: "Please send me your ideas on WG...".
- Why not requesting as an open Topic direct in the forum to make others interested to produce individual inputs to some WGs requests?

There was no reactions/discussion at all on ideas send by others, not by E-mail nor in this forum.

- Why?
- Have the communication setup within Susana's WGs in real live only an one-way structure, a kind of black box?
- Will this ongoing communication structure reduce future activity level of "users" only?
- Maybe you are only interested in a better activity level of members?

I hope you understand my questions as a harsh critic...

Best Regards,
Detlef
www.aqua-verde.de
"simple" Sanitation-Solutions by gravity
Low-Tech Solutions with High-Tech Effects
"Inspired by Circular Economy and Cooperation"
www.flickr.com/photos/aqua-verde/

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds