Please say hello in SuSanA Edit-a-thon virtual workroom! - 19-21 March to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement (WG9)

67.4k views

Page selection:
  • Carol McCreary
    Topic Author
  • I'm a volunteer at PHLUSH (Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human) www.phlush.org

Re: Thanks for joining SuSanA Wikipedia Edit-a-thon and next steps

Dear Caleb from Malawi, Shawn from New York City, Anastasis from Greece, Joseph from Kenya, Abby from France, Jeremy from Singapore, and Omolade from ?:

Thank you for your recent messages and interest in bringing your expertise to the SuSanA Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for World Water Day.

Our colleague Ruth Miskelly has posted a YouTube video on How to Start Editing on the Forum here: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/213-wo...d-the-clock-together More videos will be coming so that’s a good page to bookmark.

You don’t have to edit to be part of the Edit-a-thon. We need researchers who can find quality information with links. We need writers. We need translators. Bookmark the link above and look for more instructional videos in the future.

And we need people to get the word out about the Edit-a-thon. Consider having a local event where people work together. Or tell colleagues far away to join virtually and in the online chat room (to be announced).

Our page for Working Group 9 (Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement) is here: forum.susana.org/component/kunena/62-wg-...l-society-engagement

If your organization also is having a local event for the SuSanA Edit-a-thon, you can post an announcemnet on the UN World Water Day site here. www.worldwaterday.org/submit-event/

Best wishes,

Carol McCreary
Together with Esther Shaylor Ruth Miskelly, Elisabeth von Muench, and Diane Kellogg (members of the Grant Consortium of the SEI grant by BMGF on “Supporting SuSanA and the broader Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Community of Practice through an online platform”)
Carol McCreary
Public Hygiene Lets Us Stay Human (PHLUSH)
1240 W. Sims Way #59, Port Townsend, Washington 98368 USA

Toilet availability is a human right and well-designed sanitation systems restore health to our cities, our waters and our soils.
The following user(s) like this post: DianeKellogg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • handsorg21

Re: Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - 19-20 March Wikipedia Edit-a-thon

Dear All,
Is this project Eligible / available our local area or only international

• jeremy

Re: Take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement

Yes I'm interested because I believe that everyone has the right to a clean and safe toilet. The topics I am interested in are:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Toilet_Day
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Toilet_Organization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Sim

Jeremy Khoo
Communications Manager
Office: +65 6352 8921
Facebook: www.facebook.com/WTO.org
Twitter: @worldtoilet
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

• Peopleserve
  • Registered NGO whose mission is to empower women and children fight poverty. We do this by addressing underlying causes of poverty. Lack of clean water is one such cause of poverty

Re: RE: Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - 19-20 March Wikipedia Edit-a-thon

Yes, I am interested

Caleb C. Ng’ombo,
Executive Director,
People Serving Girls At Risk,
P.O. Box 1841,
Blantyre – Malawi

www.peopleserving.webs.com
www.facebook.com/peopleservinggirlsatrisk
Twitter @PSGRBlantyre

………………………because a child in need is a child who cannot wait…………………..
Empowering lives - one at a time
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

• ossai

Re: Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement - 19-20 March Wikipedia Edit-a-thon

Yes... I will be willing to host other members in Abuja or be at the office if there is any Susana office in Abuja.
Your Life is the Work of a Creator, What have you Created for others?

Ossai Ilome,
Creator & Executive Director,
Miss Microfinance Nigeria Organization
Suit B-50, Danziyal Plaza,
Central Business District,
Abuja - Nigeria.

Convener,
SuSanA Nigeria Coalition

www.missmicrofinance.org
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Serves as the Special Advisor,
to the President,
Association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria
www.anmfinigeria.org

• Carol McCreary
    Topic Author

Hi Felipe

How wonderful to know of your interest in translating sanitation articles on Wikipedia into Portuguese!

Do you know of special needs or do you have favorite articles?

Thank you!

Carol
Carol McCreary

Toilet availability is a human right and well-designed sanitation systems restore health to our cities, our waters and our soils.

• Carol McCreary
    Topic Author

Re: No subject

George,

Nothing is better than hearing from a journalist! Journalists are the ones who really get the word out and educate the public on World Water Day and on World Toilet Day. And you have a lot of sanitation news to report to the world from Nairobi.

Please, can you help the Edit-a-thon committee know which topics and Wikipedia articles are most important to journalist in your opinion? In your experience?

Thanks, Carol
Carol McCreary

• Carol McCreary
    Topic Author

Re: registration

Nagendra,

So good to know there will be Edit-a-thon participation in Nepal. I hope you can pass the word to your friends and colleagues.

Did you know you can promote your local World Water Day event with your logo or a picture on the UN World Water Day site? Here is the link.www.worldwaterday.org/submit-event/

Is that your picture on the Sakcham Rural Nepal website? Your message there is very inspiring.

On behalf of the whole Edit-a-thon team at SuSanA,
Best wishes,

Carol
Carol McCreary

• Carol McCreary
    Topic Author

Joseph,

Good to hear from you regarding the Edit-a-thon. Where do you work?

(I couldn’t find you on the SuSanA Forum yet)

Best wishes,

Carol
Carol McCreary

• Carol McCreary
    Topic Author

Re: interested

Hi, Godwin,

It will be great to have you on this Edit-a-thon. Where are you located? And what topics and Wikipedia articles are you interested in?

Carol
Carol McCreary

• Carol McCreary
    Topic Author

Thanks, Ossai,

Yes, I think we can help the general public learn about SDG6 through this Edit-a-thon. Did you know there is not yet a Wikipedia article on SDG6 (only for the SDGs in general)? That's a task for us.

I hope you can get together with others in Abuja at the office or in a coffee shop. Stay tuned. There will be a video chat room where we can meet face to face.

Carol
Carol McCreary

• Carol McCreary
    Topic Author

Re: Take part in edit-a-thon on 19-20 March (and before) to improve Wikipedia for Public Awareness, Advocacy and Civil Society Engagement

Great to hear from you, Keriem. What's your country? Will you be joining the Edit-a-thon with some colleagues and friends?

Hope to say hi to you in the chat room on March 19 or 20th.

Carol
Carol McCreary

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds