All presentations from FSM3 - 3rd Conference on Faecal Sludge Management - in Hanoi, Vietnam (January 2015) now online

Page selection:
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: All presentations from FSM3 - 3rd Conference on Faecal Sludge Management - in Hanoi, Vietnam (January 2015) now online

If you are looking for the latest results and approaches to faecal sludge management and all it entails, then be sure to browse the conference pages for the FSM3 Conference (January 2015) that Trevor and his team have put together on the SuSanA website here:
www.susana.org/en/resources/conference-materials-2/2015

What's new since Trevor's last announcement is that now also the presentations and summaries from the six workshops that were held on the day after the conference are available on the same page (as well as the one workshop held by BMGF on the day before the conference). I am adding a screenshot of the page below to wet your appetite for browsing.

I am really very impressed with all the hard work that Trevor and his team (Lasse Roeder being the current SuSanA intern) have put into this. I know it takes a long time to upload all this, chase after missing presentations and so forth. So, thank you very much!
Also a big thanks to all the presenters for their willingness to share their presentations online! That is great, too.

I actually think this should be a model for ALL sanitation conferences so that we can amplify the learning effects. This way, also people who couldn't make the trip (or who didn't want to create more CO2 emissions than necessary ) can benefit quite considerably. Or even in my case, I missed the workshop on scaling up as I was in one of the other parallel workshops. Recently I discovered the detailed workshop description and was very grateful about it. I posted about it here - Scaling-up sanitation businesses in low- and middle-income countries (www.susana.org/en/resources/conference-m...2/2015/262-fsm3-ws-2).

Can we do the same e.g. for the upcoming WEDC conference in July in the UK?

The only downer is that the videos from the presentations are still not available from the conference organisers. Some of the powerpoint slides are hard to figure out without the words of the presenter to go with it. I am hoping that Tjibbe Veenstra will soon be able to send these videos for Trevor for uploading?

Thanks you Trevor, Lasse and whoever else whas involved to make this possible!

Screenshot of the conference page on SuSanA (www.susana.org/en/resources/conference-m...2/2015/262-fsm3-ws-2):
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: BMGF & DfiD Partners Meeting and FSM Workshop page

Dear Forum users,

the presentations and additional information on the BMGF & DfiD Partners Meeting & FSM Toolbox Planning Workshop during the FSM3 conference in Hanoi are now online on the SuSanA website (click here ).

As part of the partners meeting 15 cities from Asia and Africa presented their findings on how to identify the best way to manage fecal sludge by engaging private sector.
Have a look, it's worth it!

[Posted by Lasse]
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

The following user(s) like this post: rkaupp

• tmsinnovation
    Topic Author
  • I manage the Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project) and previously coordinated the Climate-friendly sanitation services in peri-urban areas of Lusaka project in Zambia. My background is in Management, Economics and Information Systems.

Re: 3rd International Conference on Faecal Sludge Management - Vietnam 19-21 January 2015 - now with feedback

Hi FSM colleagues,

The presentations that we received for FSM3 are now available here: www.susana.org/en/resources/conference-m...s-2/97-2015/259-fsm3

We are going to try and still get a copy of the handful of presentations that are missing.
The videos of the presentations are still being edited by the event organiser web agency and will still take some time. As soon as they are available, I will let you all know via a forum post.

Look forward to reading further feedback and impressions from the FSM3.

Kind regards
Trevor
Trevor Surridge
Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project)
Project Manager

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Shmeisani,
Amman
Jordan
The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• tmsinnovation
    Topic Author
  • I manage the Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project) and previously coordinated the Climate-friendly sanitation services in peri-urban areas of Lusaka project in Zambia. My background is in Management, Economics and Information Systems.

All presentations from FSM3 - 3rd Conference on Faecal Sludge Management - in Hanoi, Vietnam (January 2015) now online

More details about this conference are available in this thread here .
+++++++++++

Dear SuSanA community

the conference has got off to a good start today with a lot of energy.

There is also now a FSM3 conference page on the SuSanA website where you can download all the abstracts by session to see what is being discussed here in Hanoi.

Here is the link to the page: www.susana.org/en/resources/conference-materials-2/2015

Direct link: www.susana.org/en/resources/conference-m...ials-2/2015/259-fsm3

We will also be putting up all the presentations from the conference as soon as we have a copy of them.

Kind regards
Trevor

Trevor Surridge
Decentralized Wastewater Management for Adaptation to Climate Change in Jordan (ACC Project)
Project Manager

Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Shmeisani,
Amman
Jordan
Attachments:

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds