Safepad Re-usable sanitary napkin

Page selection:
  • karthik
  • Topic Author

Re: Safepad Re-usable sanitary napkin

Dear Muench,

Good day, i hope you are fine.

Thank you very much for your message,

Yes we made some study about the candida / yeast infection in women during mensuration, the link what is shared you to show the percentage of women is suffering bu candida, but the problem is during the mensuration pH plays a important role for the growth of candida, if pH is Alkaline Candida will have high growth and this may vary every month according to the food and other related rolls.
As i mentioned earlier in many under development and developing countries women in rural areas are uncomfortable to talk about this problem.

Regarding the fertility, "Recurrent vaginal yeast infections cause the internal vaginal flora to become unbalanced which may make it harder for the sperm to reach the uterus. Sperm is not killed by overgrowth of Candida, but because the infection changes the consistency of the cervical mucous, it may make it more difficult for the sperm to reach the cervical opening." resulting to fertile problem.
natural-fertility-info.com/candida-fertility.html

But we will look into it more detailed and will get back to you with a proper document where it shows the exact percentage of women suffering from Candida during mensuration.

thank you and looking forward to hear from you.
i will be in touch with you.

Regards,
Karthik
Real Relief
Mail id - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
skype id - karthik718

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Karthik,

Regarding this statement of yours:

During the menstrual period 75% of all women suffer from the infection Candidiasis, an infection that causes health issues and in worst cases will impact the fertility.

The website link that you provided said:

"About 75% of women get at least one yeast infection during their lifetime."

That's not the same thing!
So I would strongly recommend that you remove this statement from your promotional materials. It is simply wrong and misleading.
:-(
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• karthik
  • Topic Author

Dear Raphaela,

Good day, I hope you are fine.

Thank you very much for your message and I am happy to clarify your requirement.

Regarding to your requirement, herewith I have attached a document with its Advantage, Disadvantage, packing and cost of Safepad™ which will give you more clear idea about our innovative solution for Mensuration and to save environment.
As you know thousands and thousands of disposable Sanitary pads are troughed away after use and it will not be degraded dur the synthetic material which cause lot of health and environment issue. Also some under development a dn developing countries the sanitary pad troughed away in dust where the waste collector or scavengers remove with bare hands which lead to unhygienic condition.
Our Safepad™ will be a solution for this issues as well it can be used as a preventive care for candida or microbial infection during mensuration. Please refer the below link where 75% of women’s are suffering from infection (youngwomenshealth.org/2013/06/19/yeast-infection/ )

So I believe my above clarification will be okay or let me know if you need any more information.

Also I would like to inform you we will be launching Safepad™ in Women Delivery conference in Copenhagen. So I would like to know will you be around in this conference and we have a booth where you can see the Safepad™.

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you soon.

I wish you a nice day.

Regards,
Karthik
Real Relief
Mail id - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
skype id - karthik718

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Dear Karthik,

thank you for posting the interesting innovation. It would be great if you could give some more information on costs, advantages and disadvantages of Safepad from an objective perspective!

Also, the number of Candidiasis infections (75% of all women) seems to be very high - could you provide a reference for that?

I am very much looking forward to your answers!

Raphaela
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

The following user(s) like this post: Elisabeth

• karthik
  • Topic Author

Safepad Re-usable sanitary napkin

Safepad is a reusable sanitary pad that can be environmentally safely disposed after end of use. Safepad is designed to provide a safe and infection free experience while in use.

During the menstrual period 75% of women suffer from the infection Candidiasis once in their lifetime, an infection that causes health issues and in worst cases will impact the fertility.

Safepad hygienic sanitary pads are designed with a permanently bonded antimicrobial technology that helps reducing vaginal infections caused by Candida albicans along with infections from other pathogens.

The antimicrobial technology is based on a treatment that leaves a positively charged layer on the fabric. This layer will attract and kill the negatively charged microbes, like bacteria and fungi.
The permanently bonded antimicrobial fabric along with a highly absorbent material provides a comfortable and hygienic experience for the women.

Antimicrobial Efficiency
Pseudomonas Aeruginosa 99,99% reduction
Escherichia Coli 99,99% reduction
Staphylococcus Aureus 99,99% reduction
Candida Albicans 99,99% reduction
Aspergillus Niger 99,99% reduction

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds